“Best Indian food in southwest Michigan. ”
Review of Saffron

Saffron
Ranked #15 of 355 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I've eaten here many times and enjoyed the food. As an American, I always wondered how close it is to the real thing. I visited India four times and on my last visit, I ate lunch at Saffron immediately upon my arrival back in the USA. The food is spot on. The only thing different is the naan. It is more fluffy than in India. Perhaps it's Americanized? The taste is the same, just more fluffy. Other food is amazing. If you want to try Indian food this MUST be your first visit.

1  Thank Jason R

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Do not miss this restaurant. A midday buffet is reasonably priced and always includes tandoori chicken and at least one other main dish, both white and saffron rice, veggies, and delicious rice pudding.

Great for dinner and for take out. Great staff.

1  Thank Marigenea
Reviewed March 19, 2018

I have travelled across 5 continents including twice to India. I can honestly say that Saffron is the best Indian food restaurant is the best Indian culinary experience I have had.....I take advantage of the opportunity to eat from there whenever possible....

Reviewed February 26, 2018

We have been to Saffron several times and the food is always outstanding. However, the last three times we've eaten there, the service has not been good. The food comes out in an acceptable amount of time, but after that it's crickets. There were a couple of large parties in the room we were in but the three of us were literally ignored. Had we received acceptable service, my rating would be a five. However, poor service is a deal breaker.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

We've had occasion to enjoy Saffron with friends on multiple occasions. The Saturday lunch buffet is a favorite. The food is delicious.