“New Location in Brighton”

Block Brewing Company
Ranked #2 of 110 Restaurants in Howell
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Pub, Brew Pub
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Met friends at the new Block Brewing on Old US-23 in Brighton and had a great time. First thing was they had Founder's and Short's beers on tap along with their own brewed beer. Great selection. Good app's with our beers. Several folks also ate dinner - BBQ and Mac & cheese with brisket (I think) on top. They said it was all tasty. Service was on point - we sat at the bar - even when the place filled up with dinner customers. Also won a few dollars playing Keno. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We've been to Block a few times. The beer selection is awesome, with offerings of both housemade crafts and from other brew makers.

The food has potential, but always seems to miss the mark. We've ordered the pizza twice and it has tasted like a frozen Giordano both times - but with better toppings. Maybe they use frozen dough, I'm not sure. We've also had the misfortune of being served lukewarm food several times.

Service has always been good. The servers have been exceedingly friendly and fun, which definitely has made our visits worthwhile.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stopped into this brewery for a small event. The location is right off the main artery so that was very nice for me since I was coming in from the other side of the state.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. I took a look at the wine list and ordered the kung fu girl wine, however they said it was out of stock. I tried to order a frozen margarita, but they told me they do not have a blender, so I settle for the moscato. It was fine. The server apologized, but not her fault!

The block fries were recommended, so I tried those. There is a nice size portion with Parmesan and an garlic aioli dip. It was good. Not amazing as recommended, but fine. I probably wouldn't order them again. A friend ordered the soft pretzels and those looked good.

For my main course, I ordered the killer mac n cheese and added the pork option for a couple of bucks more. It was served in this odd shaped circular bowl where one side is higher than the other, so if you tip at the wrong angle it could go all over your lap...so beware. But I was very careful... anyway the mac n cheese was a bit runny, the pulled pork was okay, (maybe some more seasoning) and it came with bacon which is always a nice addition. It was a large portion and I couldn't finish it, so get that if you are hungry!

Tabs were easy for everyone and I appreciated that our larger party could pay separately.

Overall a great experience. Check it out.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was in the area and looked it up. Hugh place with excellent variety of beer. The smoked wings were amazing but when I ordered the pulled chicken and brisket plate, the brisket was quite fatty. The chicken was a little dry. The roasted green beans could have been done a little longer. They were hard to cut with a knife. It could have been the time of day we were there--4 pm, too late for lunch and a little early for dinner. The small plates looked amazing.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a flight of beers and the nachos here. We sat at the bar on a Saturday afternoon. We were the only couple in the bar until 2 other people joined. We did go in early so that may be why. We enjoyed the fast service tho!