“Surprisingly good”

On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #12 of 95 Restaurants in Grandville
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Every day at 8 a.m., we start chopping veggies, soaking beans, and prepping our mesquite-fired grill. Not because we have to, but because we believe in delicious flavors made-to-order, from hand-rolled enchiladas to our sizzling fajitas to guacamole made right at your table. Everything pairs nicely with a grande margarita, and of course, enjoy the always endless chips and salsa.
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Honestly, we showed up for the $2.00 Margaritas, but we were two days too late. So we decided to just try their "Pick Two" lunch. The server brought us ample chips and relatively hot salsa as a free appetizer. Hubby had the salad and Enchilada and I had the salad and steak quesadilla lunch special. Both were good, but hubby's Enchilada was VERY small, so I'd go with the quesadilla or two taco and soup/salad lunch special if we ever return.Our lunch also included refried beans (Way too smokey) and rice (way to dry/hard/oily) which were absolutely nothing to write home about...If I were the restaurant, I would not even serve them.... All and all, however, not a bad $20.00 lunch, but I still am sorry we missed the $2.00 Margaritas. Oh, also, if you are looking for a "cold" bar or restaurant, this establishment was pretty warm for a humid day in June.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We took our family out for dinner. We received excellent service, prompt attention and the food was hot, fresh and very good!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Stock food in an area that caters to this sort of thing. The food was very bland, and only Mexican in its form, not in its flavor. Service was attentive and the prices are average, but I wouldn't go here again for Mexican food.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We went here on a Friday early evening and were seated immediately. The wait staff was fine, the food was fine. What bothered me was the amount of dust on the booth divider and decorative plants. It was pretty gross and made me wonder what the kitchen looked like. There is nothing exciting or exceptional about On the Border. It is all pretty mediocre.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Got there at 11:30 and not to busy but took over 45 min to get food. I had ordered a beef enchilada but got spinach and mushroom by mistake. They brought correct one in short order. Granddaughter taco was not good but they took it off the bill. Waitress was very busy but kept up good and apologized for the delay and mixups.