“Amazing food and flavors!”
Review of Terra

Terra
Reserve with OpenTable
Terra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,018 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2016

We rolled in Saturday around 1pm and discovered they were serving brunch....yuck! I hate brunch since if I had to pick a menu comprised of a full variety of lunch options vs. limited lunch and limited breakfast, I'll pick a FULL lunch menu all the time. There were around 5 sandwiches available so we stayed and thought we would try them. I am so glad we stayed, the sandwiches were amazing! I had the Cuban and my SO had the Chicken salad and they were both awesome and full of great flavors.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Visiting a good friend in Grand Rapids.... 1st day there, he took me to Terra... a comfortable, local place. We were there for drinks and lunch.

I had a delicious Sangria - fresh and flavorful. My lunch was a Pear and Beet salad... local ingredients... as are most of the menu items. Came with a flavorful focacchi bread... YUMMY... Healthy, local food at reasonable prices.

We sat at the bar... had a friendly waitress, Jennifer..

I would go back in an instant... Can't get enough of the Farm to Table foods

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 20 July 2016

We came upon this restaurant on OpenTable while my wife and I were in GR over the weekend and wasn't disappointed a bit. The creative ways of the farm to table food from appetizers to dessert were prepared brought us back 2 more times after the initial meal experience. Not to missed are there crafted pizzas.
Take note of their Happy Hour, because some meals and drinks are half price, which can reduce the amount of your bill as opposed to coming after 6.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank traveleurope610
Reviewed 18 July 2016

I've been to Terra several times and have loved it (and admittedly, I should have posted reviews then to give the restaurant staff that credit). When I told friends about going here for Easter brunch, we were all looking forward to it. I ordered what I thought would be a grits and something else dish (my apologies for my bad memory), and what I got was a creamed grits dish plus some sausage. I would not have ordered this dish had I known that the grits were creamed with other ingredients, leaving them with a babyfood-like texture. When I asked the waitress about it, she inquired for me and without any kind of apology told me that yes, the dish was designed to be like that. I told her that it would be better to have described it that way in the menu as I would have ordered something else. (Disclosure: I spent some of my childhood - college years in the south and love grits, but preferably with a bit of grit-like texture). This did not faze her one bit, and that's the most disappointing part in that my feedback went unacknowledged. My husband was also disappointed in his dish, as it was not seasoned well, although our friends liked theirs. We probably won't be back as there are plenty of other good restaurants in town.

So, one lesson here is if the customer has some feedback to offer on the food, the server should acknowledge this feedback more sincerely. Second, if grits are to be served, they should not be creamed. If local customers don't like their grits with a bit of graininess to them, then don't serve them. At a minimum, indicate in the menu that they're creamed grits so as to not disappoint those of us who actually love grits.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Great place to go on a weekend night. Got a gluten free linguine pasta that was delicious. They also had great selections of ciders too.

Date of visit: July 2016