“Fun restaurant with great burgers”
Review of HopCat

HopCat
Ranked #13 of 1,020 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American, British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: 49 Drafts, 250+ bottles -- all craft beer, plus food you mom would make if she loved craft beer.
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Great restaurant for a burger and a beer! Quality food with a great atmosphere. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I walked over here after an event at Van Andel. They are open til 2 AM and serve food til 2 also. We were lucky enough to be there on a Monday for half off apps they featured after 3 PM. I'm not sure if this a weekly deal. We had the crack fries, ultimate pizza rolls, and BBQ wings. The fries were hands down the best french fries I've ever had. Sweet and salty and dlicious. The wings and pizza rolls were also amazing! Highly recommend and hope to have a reason to go back to Grand Rapids to come back and eat at the HopCat.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Great place to stop. The food selection was massive along with their beer selection. Service was excellent. The only slight negative is that it’s a bit noisy, a little tough to hold a conversation.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Although I’m only in my 30s, I feel like this place is for a younger crowd. It was packed and incredibly loud. We had to shout to talk with one another. The crack fries were the best part. We also ordered Long Island iced teas which were good. I would probably go again but it will be a while. The music seemed to get louder and louder and since it was so packed, everyone had to yell to talk to one another. There was a wait to get in but it wasn’t bad (which I hear is normal)...only 15-20 min I think.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Hop Cat has an outsourcing reputation across Michigan for their wide variety of craft beers on tap and delicious menu items. Needless to say, the Grand Rapids location is easily the best of them all.

Pros:
- A vibrant atmosphere
- Outstanding Mac and Cheese
- The crack fries lived up to every bit of the hype
- Prompt service
- An impressive selection was of craft beers on tap

Con:
- We were carded at the door and inside, so this seemed a little obsessive

Overall, Hop Cat Grand Rapids is easily one of the best eateries in town.