“Just wonderful ”

Grocer's Daughter Chocolate
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Empire
Price range: US$0 - US$16
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: We are a small family-owned craft chocolate business that focuses on sourcing as many local ingredients as possible. Our chocolate is ethically traded from Ecuador and of the highest quality. We LOVE great chocolate and we look forward to sharing it with you. Because we are committed to sourcing the best ingredient - local dairy, honey, fruits, spirits, etc - and chocolate, our prices are higher than what you'll find at a typical Northern Michigan chocolate shop.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

If you love really good (hot) chocolate, you need to stop by!! I had the most delicious hot chocolate with goats milk. Honestly the best one I have ever had. The store is beautiful from the inside and the chocolate is made in the back. I got a few treats and can’t wait to give them to my love, I’m sure he is going to live them. Prices are reasonable given that it’s a local business that uses quality ingredients.
The ladies were lovely and very helpful. I will come back and dream of this hot chocolate for a long time. There is WiFi at the store.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Such a nice surprise, not your normal chocolate store. We arrived as the were getting ready to close and they ran out and waved us to come in. The specialty truffles are worth the stop alone. You MUST try one of thier fudgecicles!!!!

Reviewed 28 October 2017

We happened onto this business on a weekend trip to Sleeping Bear Dunes. My wife and I got the hot chocolate and boy it was the BEST we've ever had! I make my own at home but nothing this awesome! If in the area do give it a try. They also have other wonderful chocolate treats which we bought as gifts too.

Jody H, Owner at Grocer's Daughter Chocolate, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

We're so happy you stumbled upon us on your visit to the Sleeping Bear Dunes and we love that you enjoyed the Dragon's Breath! It's a staff favorite too. We hope to see you next time you're up north. Best wishes.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

I arranged a chocolate class for my family (2 adults and 2 young children), and it was a great time! Jody, the owner, was easy to work with in terms of scheduling. She and Emma conducted our class. They did a great job of teaching us about chocolate and kept it easy to understand for the kids. We got to sample hot chocolate, a variety of chocolates (dark, milk, white, etc), we made a rustic pudding and got to make our own molded chocolates and truffles. These ladies were so nice and we all enjoyed our visit. We got to bring home the chocolate we made, and we bought some extra, too! The chocolate is really delicious, and we liked how they try to incorporate as many local products into their finished product. We also really appreciate that they are an ethical chocolate company.

Jody H, Owner at Grocer's Daughter Chocolate, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Thank you for the kind words! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the class. It was a pleasure to host your sweet family and we hope to see you again sometime soon.
Warm regards,
Jody

Reviewed 24 October 2017

We were told while standing in line for Leelanau Coffee that Grocer's Daughter Hot Chocolate was a must. We also each got a truffle and I'm telling you, it's chocolate like none other. Definitely a must-stop stop!

Thank you for visiting our chocolate shop and we're thrilled to hear you enjoyed the chocolate! Hope to see you next time you're in the area.
Best wishes,