All reviews comerica park office building wxyz bar people mover ford field historic building opera house within walking distance fox theater marble floors tiger stadium elevator doors beautiful architecture cool hotel modern rooms bathroom area ball park
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

My friend and I visited the city to attend a concert at the Fillmore. I chose Aloft initially for its convenient location. But I didn't expect to be so totally blown away during my 2-night stay there. The architecture was impressive. The rooms looked beautiful and clean. And the staff were super professional and accommodating--they really went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed and ensure our needs were properly taken care of. They treat you right, and they make every guest feel like their top priority. Also, a huge special thank you to Bryant and Justin for being so fabulous and awesome!! You guys really went the extra mile for us :). I can't wait to go back to this city and this hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Booking: Booked a 1-night stay in Detroit to watch the Lions game via the SPG website.

Location: The location of the hotel is perfect as it's right downtown next to Comerica Park and Ford Field. You literally cannot get anymore downtown than the Aloft.

Check-In and Lobby: The lobby and check-in are in the David Whitney Building. It might be confusing at first because it looks to be a commercial building but it is indeed a hotel. There are also residents that stay here long-term.

The Room: Standard double bed. The bathroom was right next to the entrance which I found to be odd, but otherwise a sizeable room for the stay.

Amenities: No amenities provided.

Cons: Only con was the windows are not soundproofed as it can get very noisy downtown. Bring earplugs for sleeping as there are a lot of cop sirens.

Final Verdict: Good stay for the short time I was there.

Room Tip: Get a room facing Comerica Park
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We revisited The Aloft in downtown Detroit while, once again coming to town for a concert. The hotel is modern, in a historic building. The marble hallways are sleek and clean. The rooms boast large, glass showers, very nice pillow top beds, and wonderful views of the city. Andre, the valet made quick work of securing our vehicle, and Shontae, at the check-in station was very personable, professional and welcoming. We will definitely visit Detroit again, and will always stay at The Aloft.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2017

The Aloft Detroit is an excellent choice and ideally situated for someone looking to take in one of the very exciting events that take place in an around the stadium area. The rooms were spacious and very clean. While I will always love the Book Cadillac you really can't go wrong with the Aloft Detroit.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Went to Detroit to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers game. I chose The Whitney based solely on its location to Ford Field. To my delight, I seemed to have picked the best accommodations in the newly revitalized Detroit. The Whitney has been refurbished with class and style. There is a people mover which loops all around the city with a platform stop located right in The Whitney....very convenient for exploring Detroit. The rooms are clean and decorated with beautiful colors. The staff was helpful in all ways; providing directions, suggestions for dining, ideas for sightseeing and at all times providing a friendly demeanor regardless of the time of day. Damon and Jordan M. were among the many who helped make our stay at The Whitney one that will definitely bring us back to Detroit.

Room Tip: All rooms provide a wonderful experience I'm sure. Some look into the court yard and some look into the city.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends