Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront
  • Room Service
The Atheneum(Detroit)
  • Fitness center
  • Room Service
All reviewsfront deskpeople movercobo centerqueen suitejoe louis arenagreat view of the rivervalet parkinghart plazared wings gamecorner roomearly checkdefinitely stay here againambassador bridgevalet servicethe room was nicetigers gameford field
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 7, 2017

I really like the location as downtown Detroit is getting continually better and it’s an easy walk from here. Hotel has so much potential but it needs an update as it’s tired. Rooms are comfortable but bathroom I had was laughingly tiny. Great corner room but truly a laugh. There use to be a bar on top floor, and it’s closed and it would be a great place to hang and view.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe B
Elaine K, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. The design of the hotel brings a great view for every room, but it does sacrifice some bathroom space.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 1, 2017

I stayed in the hotel for 4 nights. The pictures on their website or on tripadvisor look far better than the reality. The rooms are ok, but very very old and run-down. I have paid almost 700 USD for 4 nights, which is far too much for the value you receive and for the state in which the hotel is. I know that this is true for a lot of hotels in the US, but anyway the prices are too high for the value you receive. You feel as if you are on a trip back in time when you stay in these hotels, but you pay the price of a new one.
The pool area is in the cellar right next to the entrance. It does not look

2  Thank Ale x
Daleda J, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. It is true that the Crowne Plaza Detroit is a historical building, and many updates have been done recently. One of the advantages of the Crowne Plaza Detroit is the location- right in the heart of downtown and close to all of the sports and entertainment venues. Thanks for letting us know about your stay.

Reviewed November 30, 2017

The property is in a great location in downtown Detroit. The staff is friendly and engaged in making my stay comfortable. The reason that I give this hotel an Average rating is the property condition. Finishes are becoming dated and dents and marks in doors are becoming noticeable. While it is apparent that the hotel is attempting to keep up with the aging property, it is probably time to renovate.
I had a hard time figuring out how to get the elevator to the street level. Better signage would be helpful.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business

We appreciate the details regarding your accommodations. We're glad the staff made you feel welcomed. We are constantly making improvements to our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 25, 2017

Overall a nice place to stay. I thought it odd that the exterior sliding doors for both the Mezzanine and where the Valets where didn't work. The bed was extremely comfortable. Having a Starbucks was definitely a life saver

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Daleda J, Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2017

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 21, 2017

Love the location. Beautiful view of the city and riverfront. The staff was helpful and responsive to my questions, which made me feel comfortable, and helped me in my endeavors in Detroit. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: River view
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Daleda J, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2017

Thank you for your gift of feedback! We hope to see you again soon!