The Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center is THE PLACE TO STAY when visiting downtown Detroit! I traveled with a group of ladies for a conference, and the hotel was amazing! It is like 70 stories that are somehow divided into two towers. There is a bank of elevators that take you to the 40th floor then another bank of elevators that take you from floors 41-70. Never seen anything like this. There is a GM Showroom in the Renaissance! There is a food court and mini mall inside the Renaissance! And there is Exercise World inside the Renaissance! I mean an entire floor it appears is dedicated to health and wellness. There are like 20 treadmills, 10 ellipticals, a separate room for free weights, a separate room with a smith machine and TRX, and a separate room for yoga! It was literally Exercise World, and I looked forward to getting up every morning to get in my workout. Of course my roommates thought I was crazy, and they were right as my mind was literally blown by the awesomeness of the Renaissance. There was also an art gallery and bars and restaurants and Starbucks and Verizon counter and CVS pharmacy and rows of banquet halls in the Renaissance. It was a perfect place to hold not just our conference but several conferences and wedding parties were going on, and we all fit nicely. Yes, the workers were very professional and nice and did not mind me repeatedly asking for my way around because I would constantly get lost due to the immense size of the Renaissance. Everything we needed was in the Marriott at the Renaissance Center which was in the midst of downtown Detroit across from the Arena and an exit away from entering Canada. I definitely plan to return to this hotel again in the near future and this time with my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soaring 73 floors above the Detroit River, Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center is ideally situated on the RiverWalk and next to Hart Plaza. Our hotel in downtown Detroit, Michigan sits within the GM Renaissance Center, which provides convenient access to shopping, restaurants and entertainment. The Detroit "People Mover" public transportation system enables guests to visit top attractions that surround the hotel. Floor-to-ceiling windows and dramatic views highlight our hotel rooms, while a reinvented lobby boasts functional seating and business friendly amenities in a trendy setting. Delight in the stylishly urban ambiance of Volt, and enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner and evening cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Detroit Marriott At The Renaissance Hotel Detroit
- Detroit Renaissance At Center
- Marriott Detroit
- Renaissance Detroit