1,856 results
All reviews food court volt bar people mover coach insignia ren cen cvs pharmacy the concierge lounge high rise general motors view of the river huge hotel world headquarters across the river high floor gm headquarters jazz festival valet parking
Reviewed 9 December 2017

I was in town for just a single night for business meetings at GM headquarters. This hotel is connected to the offices. Great views. I actually got a workout in at their gym (a rarity on my business trips) which was very well equipped with stunning views. I didn't get to see much of detroit as I never left the building, but the convenience, comfort and views made it an ideal hotel for my visit.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear espaselena,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center and sharing your wonderful review. We are thrilled to read you loved the comfort of your well-appointed room along with the view it provided and enjoyed all the aspects we have to offer. We appreciate you sharing your nice comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

this is a unique hotel in downtown Detroit. built within the world headquarters for GM, the entire complex has a unique design. check-in was easy and staff was quite friendly. rooms are large, clean and quiet. very nice conceirge lounge and exercise room. if you like walking or jogging - is located next to a great area right next to the river. outstanding bar/restaurant just off the lobby. only negative is parking - strongly suggest you use the self parking. valet parking is under construction, and even when it isnt, tends to be a bit slow. virtually all of downtown detroit is within easy walking distance from this facility. highly recommend

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your fantastic review of your stay! We strive to provide our guests outstanding hospitality, and your compliments serve as encouragement to all of us. Thanks for the recommendation to future guests. We hope to be your hotel of choice every time you visit the area.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

The views are amazing especially from the fitness center. The bed was very comfortable and the staff was very sweet. The site has restaurants and shopping so you really don’t have to leave if you didn’t want to. There is security staff everywhere so you feel safe. Also a shout out to Santa for spreading the joy.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center. We are pleased to read how happy you were with our service and facilities. Your satisfaction is very important to us as we constantly strive to make your experience a great one. We hope to welcome you back soon for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

I’d like to let people traveling with families know that there are individuals that still show compassion toward people with small travelers it was so refreshing to have Angelique Bell at the front desk working tirelessly to accommodate my family! I am a Gold Member and she made sure she honored my loyalty! That is actually a very important quality for guests! When we got to the room she recommended it was EVERYTHING!!! Check-in was late evening and the kids were tired and she helped me out with great customer service Room is nice! View is Great! Angelique is Awesome!

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear Tracy B,
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We loved reading that one of our associates provided you with an excellent experience during your arrival, and that your room was to your satisfaction. We will be delighted to share your comments with Angelique and the rest of the team during our meeting. We strive for excellent service with every guest and your comments will be very motivating. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

We stayed here 1 night for a family wedding at the Detroit Yaht Club. Valet parking is expensive. The room per night was average. We had a Marriott voucher that we used for the one night. Weeks later my wife found a charge on her credit card for around $75 as well as the charge of I believe it was $40 valet parking. The $75 charge was a mistake, I had to call the hotel to get them to credit us the charge. The lady on the phone said it was a mistake on the computers part or something. Luckily my wife checks our credit card statements, otherwise we would of been out $75 for nothing. I guess she said this happens a lot. The computer can't handle voucher's or something and charges extra. I wonder how many people get overcharged and don't realize or check. The room itself was nice. Nothing to complain about. It was clean. A little on the small side. We had a partial view of the Detroit river. Overall the room was nice. The only thing I would complain about is the Front Desk staff at check in and check out. There weren't too many staff available at check in and they didn't seem enthusiastic about being at work. Customer service was lacking. The lady outside in the Valet area was nice and very helpful. On check out we stopped at the front desk. I wanted to make sure everything was settled. No mention of any extra charges (i.e $75) just the valet parking charge. The lady "Brittany" at check out was not friendly at all. No smile. It was like we were bothering her. Bad customer service skills on her part. Not a very pleasant experience with her.

Room Tip: try and get a river view room
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear CNDTRVLR,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are pleased to know that overall you had a positive stay with us. We apologize for the billing error and thank you for alerting us to it so we could resolve it quickly. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service to our guests, and we continually strive to improve our efforts. Thank you for being our guest, and we would love the opportunity to welcome you back to the Detroit area soon.