“Only complaint was the bathroom.”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Ranked #18 of 1,172 Restaurants in Detroit
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Texas de Brazil is no ordinary steakhouse. It’s a dining experience like no other. Here, traditions of Brazilian cooking blend with Texas hospitality to create a lively atmosphere in an upscale setting. Your meal begins with a visit to our extravagant salad area where you can indulge in a wide array of seasonal roasted vegetables, fresh artisan breads, charcuterie, imported cheeses and other specialties. Then enjoy the rodizio-style dining that has made us famous. An endless parade of gaucho servers visits your table with skewers of freshly grilled beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage carved directly onto your plate. It’s all served with authentic side dishes of garlic mashed potatoes, Brazilian cheese bread and sweet fried bananas. To complement your meal, select from our award-winning collection of wines or traditional Brazilian bar creations. And don’t forget to treat yourself to one of our decadent à la carte desserts.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A group of 7 family members ate here on Easter Sunday 2018. We had reservations and when we arrived we were promptly seated as to it wasn't that busy. I had never eaten here before and all of the others in my group had and they had really liked it. Upon first entering the overall ambience of the restaurant was pleasing. The salad bar reminded me of a cruise ship with many options and Caribbean music playing in the background. That particular day they had lobster bisque soup and it was really delicious (minus little chunks of lobster). Anyhoo, I am a carnivore and this was the right place to eat. The lamb and filets were my particular favorites and I put a dent in them. The food was excellent and you could eat as much as you wanted to your hearts content... which I did. I saved room for some delicious cheesecake. Towards the end of the meal it was time for a potty break. They weren't even that busy and when I approached the bathroom(s) I noticed there was a line of guys 4 ahead of me and I thought what gives? Come to find out the men's bathroom was a 1 person bathroom with a toilet only. Say what? For a restaurant that seats probably 250+ people at any given time that's not right. You could go outside into the building foyer and ask a security guard to go around and unlock another bathroom outside the restaurant but really? Otherwise that's my only gripe. Food/service was excellent.

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

We recently visited Texas De Brazil and we were not disappointed. What a great place!
You know for sure that the food is great when you are still thinking about it days later. The staff were so friendly and accommodating- they were more then happy to bring out the meat that we preferred. My kids really liked the Parmesan chicken and I loved the garlic steak and lamb. The salad bar was of a really high standard with plenty of options. The garlic mash was the best I’ve ever had.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you love meat and are looking for a fun night out.

Reviewed March 15, 2018

If your looking to sample 5-10 (lost count) different meats, I recommend Texas de Brazil. I went for the first time this week and was not disappointed at all. My only advice is go light on the salad bar or you will struggle to eat all the meat they come around with. Dinner for two will run you $100+ which includes tips.

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

Loved this restaurant!! It truly is an experience. The salad bar was supreme - wonderful cheeses, tabulla, couscous, deli olives, everything you would need to make a salad on a bed of fresh greens, breads, crackers. The meats melted in your mouth! And we topped it off with the most devine cheesecake. The staff was very attentive and accommodating. You won't be disappointed. Bon appetite!!

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

We went to Texas de Brazil for the second time. We like to a restaurant more than one visit before we decide we like it or not. What’s not to like at this restaurant? The salad bar alone is worth the trip. Huge centerpiece salad bar with smoked fish, cheeses, salami, prosciutto, any salad you can think of is there. Just when you don’t think there could be another side of wonderful , enter the olives, peppers, balsamic onion, hearts of palm, and on and on. Lobster bisque at self serve hot food bar is to die for. Now, enter the gauchos with their assorted meats carved and served tableside. Beef, lamb, chicken, ribs, and you get the picture. Wonderfully delicious, service is impeccable, a wonderful evening out in downtown Detroit. Highly recommend.