“Excellent stay!”

Doubletree by Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

The trip “unofficially” began when I received a surprise text from Anna (who was wonderful and I hope hotel management recognizes her) asking if I needed anything in advance - rarely happens nowadays!

Arrived and actually met Anna who took care of everything! Room upgraded and lovely stay.

Would recommend and stay again!

Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank VK74
Write a ReviewReviews (1,410)

Reviewed December 9, 2017

Best thing regarding the hotel is the hotel's pickup guy Mark, he is a really top guy and i hired him to take me around Detroit on the Saturday and we got on so well we went for a drink in the evening i strongly recommend you call the hotel to get his number and arrange a deal with him.
Stayed here in September, pleasent hotel a couple of good bars close by.
I got there late on a Friday night approx midnight thankfully the room was ready and everything in order to a good satisfaction.
Nice Suite had everything i needed, the bar downstairs is quite expensive for a drink but i found the whole of Detroit to be that way.
I cannot fault the hotel and i would be happy to stay here again, i also got the shuttle service from the hotel to Ford Field, had to wait a while but cannot fault that service either.

Thank you for a nice stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
Eric T, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Ryan and thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us a few weeks ago. I'm glad to hear that everything was great, and thank you for understanding that our shuttle can get a bit busy and be a few minutes more than normal on occasion. I hope that you will make a return to Detroit in the new year and choose us to host you! Until then.

Reviewed December 7, 2017

Staff at the Doubletree did a great job of accommodating my team for both our meetings as well as our stay in their hotel. Service and food for our meetings was very good! Hotel is convenient to get to and is close to many areas downtown.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Jamie D

Hi Jamie and thank you for choosing DoubleTree Suites. I am glad we were able to host your meetings and that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again in the new year! Until then.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

I highly recommend this hotel from the moment I walked in to the moment I checked out it was an exceptional experience. The staff is great the rooms are very clean meticulous the sheets and the comforter/pillow so comfortable

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank 483ainec
Reviewed December 5, 2017

The location is very handy to all downtown attractions, we walked everywhere. The staff is very friendly and helpful, especially the valets and front desk, a rapid check in and out. The room was quite large, very clean.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ron E

Hi Ron and thank you for choosing DoubleTree Suites on your travel to Detroit. I'm glad you enjoyed your time in the city and with our hotel and I look forward to hosting you in the new year!