“Please read before eating here. ”
Review of Kabob Garden

Kabob Garden
Get food delivered
Ranked #6 of 67 Restaurants in Belleville
Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

Our waitress was very attentive and nice. Our food was served quickly. There were a couple of things that turned us off. The tongs for the desserts fell on the floor. One of the employees picked them up and placed it back on the dessert tray and used the dirty tongs instead of replacing them with fresh ones. They have paper table clothes. A fresh table cloth fell on the floor and a staff member picked it up and placed it back on the table. If this was happening in front of their customers, I would hate to see what was happening in the kitchen. Again our waitress was great snd the food was good. We will not be back. We were completely turned off by the actions of the staff.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank tonyah5150
Write a reviewReviews (41)

Reviewed 31 January 2020

This was only a take-out experience for us, but it was an exceptional dining experience nonetheless. We enjoyed the Hummus, Baba Ghannoj, Crushed Lentil and Chicken Lemon Rice soups, and Chicken and Lamb Shawarmas. I am certainly not a Mediterranean food expert, but the (seemingly authentic) flavors were complex and fresh, and the meats were juicy and tender. The hummus was silky smooth and the eggplant was perfectly prepared. In short, it was a deliciously memorable meal. I’m looking forward to my next visit.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 15 January 2020

The best Middle Eastern Restaurant in Belleville, Michigan. Friendly staff, clean, ample space. Toum, Hummus, Bread, Tabouli, Baba Ghanouge, Tomato Kibbe, Falafel, Vegeratian Maza, Mjadra, etc. are vegan. Say that you are a vegan while ordering.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank matharim
Reviewed 28 July 2019

Trying to be fair is difficult when it comes to what we like, and don't about a restaurant. We saw the positive TV review of the Kabob Garden, and since we enjoy Middle Eastern dishes, and being closer to our home than going to East Dearborn, we gave it a try. From Garlic Sauce, to Pita Bread, to their Spinach Pie - it left us disappointed. The Garlic Sauce was too strong. It's consistency was alright, a little more coarse than we're used to. It's taste was just overpowering on our tongues. The Pita bread, though warm and soft, was not the thinner pocket-type we've had for dipping and stuffing Fattoush salad into - dipping that into the Garlic Sauce - and we're living it up. The Spinach Pie, we should have known would not be the Greek Phyllo Dough type of spinach pies.It was just softer dough, and too different of a mixture and taste. Something we didn't care for. However, all that being said, the Fattoush Salad was delicious. And with the very tasty Char-Grilled Chicken, it was a great salad. Next time we'll order just the salad. And we'll a whole lot happier.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed 5 June 2019

Original one star review in February 2018: Bizarre experience. I've heard good things about this restaurant, so I took my wife to order some take-out today. We walked in and there was no one there to seat us and no sign to seat yourself. Since we wanted take-out anyway, we waited by the register and looked over the menu. Only four tables were occupied with two waitresses working. Not once did either of the waitresses look our way. We stood, then sat, then stood again and waited for at least 10 minutes. Nothing. At one point, a waitress stood in full view of us, waiting for something to do. I have no idea why they have such good reviews. We couldn't even get someone to serve us there. We finally walked out. This was so bizarre and so disappointing. I don't think we'll try again.

Update May, 2019: My wife and I finally went back to Kabob Garden with her 88 year-old mother wanting some Mediterranean food. We were not disappointed. We were greeted with a smile by a young lady as soon as we entered and were seated immediately. The service and food were very good and now I know we will eat here again. I spoke with Moe, the owner, but only after we had been served and were enjoying our meal. He was gracious and didn't even ask me to change my review. But here it is. Apparently our bizarre experience a year ago was highly unusual. I'm glad we went back. Thanks, Moe and Nikai (our server).

Date of visit: May 2019