“Great lunch buffet!”

Maya Indian Bar & Grill
Ranked #8 of 89 Restaurants in Wakefield
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I have been here twice - both times for the lunch buffet. Great variety of items - everything from the usual favorites (tikka masala, saag paneer, etc) to many new and unique dishes which are fun to try. They had some kale fritters at the weekend buffet which were delicious!! I could have eaten an entire plate of just these fritters and been a happy camper, they were that good. My only complaints are that at our last visit the restaurant was freezing cold. It was so bad that everyone at the table had to put their coats back on while they were eating. And I also wish they would label or color-code the buffet items to indicate the level of spiciness. Other than that, I would highly recommend the buffet at Maya.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Visited Maya Indian Grill for the first time last night. Was pleasantly greeted (by the owner?) and seated promptly. Our server appeared quickly to take drink orders; these were served quickly - beer with an frosty glass and well-prepared martini.

For each item we ordered, we were asked to specify mild, medium or hot. For the vindaloo, we asked for hot. Our server asked if we wanted "American hot" or "Indian hot". We opted for the former, and it was plenty hot! It was a nice touch that she asked and didn't let us make a mistake :-) The chicken vindaloo was excellent, as was the lamb korma and Dal that we ordered. They also had bigger selection of naan than we've found elsewhere. We opted for cilantro chile - never had this before, but it was very flavorful.

We were sitting by a window; at one point the host / owner asked if we would like a space heater! We declined, but were impressed that he asked to be sure we were comfortable.

All in all, a great place and we will be back. Very tasteful and pleasant decor, great service, awesome food and super convenient location. We've been to many Indian restaurants in the greater Boston area and this one has worked its way to the top of the list. Looking forward to going back!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Great Indian cuisine, nice atmosphere, nice staff that puts an effort into making it a good dining experience.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

The food is so delicious my family and I eat here at least once a week. I have visited a handful of Indian restaurants in my life and tried another last week (Maya was closed) and have never been too impressed. Maya was a completely new take on what I thought typical Indian food tasted like. I will be a customer for life!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Two weeks ago, my husband and I were working nearby and stumbled into Maya,
just behind the Wakefield MBTA station. He had the lamb vindaloo (too spicy for a wimp like me, but he loved it) I had the Saag shrimp and it was delicious. The manager Kanaan (I think?) came over to ask how we were enjoying dinner and we told him how happy we were to have found this jewel. He thanked us and sent over a special dessert - not sure what it was but loved it. We came back on this chilly November Sunday night and it was once again warm and welcoming with wonderful food and friendly people. A great spot for couples or a group of friends. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: November 2017