“Great find - Food, Libations, Service all Excellent”

Maya Indian Bar & Grill
Ranked #8 of 89 Restaurants in Wakefield
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Two weeks ago, my husband and I were working nearby and stumbled into Maya,
just behind the Wakefield MBTA station. He had the lamb vindaloo (too spicy for a wimp like me, but he loved it) I had the Saag shrimp and it was delicious. The manager Kanaan (I think?) came over to ask how we were enjoying dinner and we told him how happy we were to have found this jewel. He thanked us and sent over a special dessert - not sure what it was but loved it. We came back on this chilly November Sunday night and it was once again warm and welcoming with wonderful food and friendly people. A great spot for couples or a group of friends. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I had eaten Indian food many years ago and liked it, so I stopped in a couple of times to the Maya Indian Bar and Grill and I was again pleasantly surprised.

The flavors and spices used are in a wonderful combination for the dishes I tried. The cauliflower was my choice as appetizer and it was crunchy, a bit spicy and totally yummy. Next I tried a lamb dish (Lagan) which was totally awesome, tender, juicy and the spices and sauce were what made the dish. The next visit I tried the Shrimp Balchao as my appetizer and it was really yummy and a bit on the spicy side. Then as my main meal I chose the Moilee, (which is for seafood only) coconut is used in the sauce and I chose the shrimp. Once again the sauce was delicious and the basmati rice served with all the dishes was fragrant and aromatic which added another level of flavor to all the dishes.

At the beginning of your meal they serve a bread like cracker with two different dipping sauces and I have still to determine which is my favorite, as they are both very different and delectable. I did not opt for any of the bread offerings (although the next visit I may) as I have been trying to cut down on my starches.

Maya offers a full bar and deserts, so go with an open mind, for a very pleasant dining experience. The staff are lovely and go over and above to make your visit complete. Happy eating !

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 23 October 2017

We were beginning to feel like we had to fly to London to get good Indian food! Turned out no, just go to Wakefield, MA! Decor is nice, clean and fresh. Easy parking across the street. Tried the lunch buffet which was excellent complimented by a large kingfisher beer. Plenty of variety for everyone's taste. The Tandoori grill was done creatively. Veg and chicken curries were authentic...maybe could have even been spiced up a little. From soup to mains to condiments and dessert it is a great value at 12 dollars.
We'll be back.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank silvamine
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Have had wonderful meals both in the restaurant and for take-out. Great tastes, with your choice as to mild right up to super spicy. Everything tastes fresh. The wait staff is very friendly and attentive. Give this place a try and you won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 27 September 2017

We needed to find a place to have dinner before my husband was giving a lecture one evening in the area. The service was excellent and friendly as they got us out in time to get to the talk. They provided a high chair for our son. Kids eat free, but he was too young to order anything from the kids menu. The vegetarian options were plentiful. I had the tandoori vegetables. It was spicy for me but good. my husband had the vegetables madras and liked it very much. This was a nice little find in the area. We would go back again.

Date of visit: September 2017