“Overrated”

The Marina Restaurant & Bar at the Wharf
Ranked #9 of 119 Restaurants in Revere
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Description: We are a family owned and operated restaurant. Our restaurant has been here since 1977. Please come in and we will be happy to share our story with you. We look forward to seeing you.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had I not been a guest I would have left after the appetizer. Not what the menu said!!! Fried Calamari sauteed' with HOT cherry peppers??? Arrived at the table COLD with cold pepperonci slices and tomato sauce??? Not what we thought we ordered. Pork Chops were not even edible, seemed like they were cooked the day before and re-heated. Linguini with Clam Sauce had so much sand at the bottom of the place it was not edible!!! Fried Clam Plate was cold, shouldn't something out of the fryer be hot???? Pan seared Scallops burnt, dry and no taste!!! The service was horrible, being 1 of only a few parties in the dining room one would think that we would have received more attention, but the waitress was no where to be found. A very bad experience and will NEVER return !!

Marina Restaura... A, Owner at The Marina Restaurant & Bar at the Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

K R,

We are so sorry that this was your experience at The Marina. This is far from typical. We pride ourselves on making people feel welcome and like family. And that your food came out cold is totally unacceptable. Please consider giving us another chance. If you would be willing to contact us, we would appreciate it. If you call, please ask for Stacey or Andrea 781-629-3798. We want to make this right.

Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

Love this place! Great food, awsome bar, waitstaff is amazing. Clean, casual atmosphere. I am here at least once a month. First, great martinis, then warm bread seasoned oil and salad. Yummm.
Nice choice of appetizers, my favorite are the calamari's, then lots of choices for entree . I have a few favorites, baked haddock, lambchops, pan seared scallops with risotto, delicious! And so much more.
The bar area is separate from the dinning area with lots of TV's. This is the place to hang and watch the game. you can see a tv anywhere you are sitting. Full menu is available. Summertime is the best, hang out on the deck overlooking the water watching a beautiful sunset with good company, food and drinks. This is the place to be anytime of year!

Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

Don't get me wrong this place is good, try steak and scallops aa food is great but I don't like that they don't honor reservations. You can wait up to hour even with reservation.

Marina Restaura... A, Owner at The Marina Restaurant & Bar at the Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2018

Hi Kerim,
We are not sure you meant to put this review on our restaurant, even though we do appreciate the four stars. We have seats for over 200 people and therefore we are usually able to not have our customers wait for a table. Our restaurant is located at 543 North Shore Rd in Revere.

Reviewed September 25, 2017

I used to go this place all the time when I lived in Everett. Haven't been there for about 25 years but I remembered how good it was and I read some of the recent reviews and I said what the heck, let's have a Wharf re-union. So I took my 86 year old mother and my wife here for lunch. We ordered a few appetizers for the table, family style so we could all share. We placed our order and POOF....we had Fresh Steaming Hot Baked Rolls w Olive Oil for dipping. They were DELISH!!! My wife ordered ravioli, my mom ordered eggplant rollotini, and I ordered the STEAMAHS!!! Everything was absolutely delicious, and we are Italian so that is saying A LOT. But let me tell you about these steamers. They came out in the biggest bowl I have EVER been served ANYTHING in a restaurant. I'm mad I don't have the picture we texted to the rest of the family. This thing was HUGE. We couldn't even finish them all, which has never happened to me before! It was only $18.99 and worth every penny.
View was awesome, plenty of free parking, clean bathrooms, bar was huge and separated from the dining room. We ate in the dining room overlooking the marina. service was nice and friendly, we got our food hot and didn't have to wait around for the check.

We will definitely be back!! Can't wait to try more items from the menu.

1  Thank Ron P
Reviewed September 8, 2017

Nice, laid back atmosphere. Large dining area with indoor or outdoor seating on the deck overlooking marina. We actually ate outside due to the A/C being too cold inside.

Music was way too loud for dining, good music but too loud. Service was a little slow especially considering it was not very crowded.

Food was good, their specialty is Italian and they serve a great large salad for sharing. I had seafood thus The Fried Clam plate with onion rings, fries, excellent cole slaw and large portions.

A nice meal was had with friends. If only they played the music softer in volume, we asked more than once to have it lowered and they did but still too loud.