Holiday Inn Express
Best Stay INN(Plainville)
All reviewsgillette stadiumpatriot placestayed herefront deskpancake makerprint our boarding passeswarm cinnamon bunsattending a concerttrailer parkhot and cold itemsnot hesitate to stay here againfree breakfastclean roomstwo queen bedsnice stayearly checknice room
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We booked it online and never have been there. Checking in was a breeze, the room was very clean and we were very comfortable.... however the breakfast was a big disappointment..... all four threw away what we had..... biscuits and gravy was AWFUL..... orange juice and a muffin then gone.... need to address the food.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017

My wife and I stayed here for the proximity to Gillette Stadium as we were attending a concert. Our friends stayed in the room across the hall from us. Having seen multiple rooms I can say that I was impressed with the size of the rooms and the cleanliness. The hot breakfast the next morning was fine and the amenities in the rooms adequate. Where our experience here fell short is that we paid $323.00 for a room. I understand there was a concert that evening at Gillette and that rates at all area hotels rise based on nearby events but we booked our rooms and payed in advance back in February. One of the main reasons we chose this hotel (in addition to its proximity to Gillette) was because the hotel had a pool. The pool was indefinitely closed sometime between when we booked and when we stayed but we were not notified until our stay. Having payed around $200 more for our room than an average night's stay, we asked if a discount could be applied since the pool was unexpectedly closed. We were told that it would be discussed with the manager but we never heard back. We could have forced the issue but our expectation was that we would receive at least the courtesy of a response even if the answer were no. We received no response. We will not be staying at this hotel again as the price simply did not mesh with our expectations despite the proximity to Gillette.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ElJayDee23
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Hello ElJayDee23,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am thrilled to hear that our clean and comfortable rooms and breakfast service contributed in making your experience comfortable and memorable. On the other hand, I am sorry to hear that you were not advised that our pool is closed and that the hotel has not followed up with you directly. I can certainly understand why you would be frustrated. This is not how we usually take care of our guests. Our office will be working with the hotel on an internal basis to ensure all staff are trained on how to handle these types of situations. Please be assured that we will do all that we can to correct this situation so that no other guest would have to experience this type of stay.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 2 August 2017

This hotel is situated 30 miles south of Boston. Near the highway and the Gillette Stadium. Comfortable beds, spacious rooms and washrooms, clean. Good and plentiful breakfast. Good welcoming at the front desk. Changing of towels everyday...I recommend this hotel for a short stay, especially if you are going to the stadium.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 2 July 2017

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Plainville, MA with both family and friends. It is right next to the Plainridge Casino, just down the road a mile or two. Great service... an excellent free breakfast, ample parking, but the best part of the stay is the beds. Extremely comfortable beds. Highly recommended.
Only one small complaint, the TV does not carry NECN or the Sports Channel - I'm a big Red Sox Fan and had to go to a Pub to watch the games.

Room Tip: Stayed both on the third floor and the first floor. I prefer the first floor, but you will enjoy your stay no matter what
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2017

I stayed here while attending a concert in nearby Mansfield. The hotel location was an excellent choice for this and was also close to Patriot Place in Foxboro. It was an easy on and off the highway (495) to access both of these attractions. But it was also in a nice and quiet location, which facilitated a good rest.

The room was clean and comfortable, the beds particularly. I stayed with three other people in a room with two queen beds and there was plenty of room for all of us. The bathroom was also quite roomy.

The breakfast was great with plenty of options including scrambled eggs and biscuits with gravy. The best was the warm cinnamon buns! The staff kept all of the options filled and it was all kept hot.

One warning, there are no restaurants near this hotel. However, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends