“Pizza good, service terrible”

Grateful Head Pizza Oven & Tap Room
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Ordered pizza and breadsticks. Food is great but pricey. $20 for a small 2 topping pizza. They did take breadsticks off the ticket because of delay since Breadsticks showed up at the end of the meal. Had to asked for drink refills then waited. Didn't get refills until after pizza arrived. Waitress always had an excuse for the poor service.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (931)

Reviewed 5 January 2021 via mobile

Let me be clear first, the pizza is great. The crust is doughy and delicious, they have a great fresh-tasting sauce, and their toppings are fresh and flavorful. We did have some disappointments though. They only allowed outdoor seating due to covid and they require masks outside while you order which is absurd. Most restaurants have figured out how to control capacity and space out tables while still providing the full dining experience. Grateful Head has opted to keep their customers outside. The ordering experience left something to be desired as well. In addition to wearing a mask, you must order through a plexi glass wall between you (the customer outside) and them (the workers inside). They also took my order without asking what size i would like which landed us with 2 small 10” pizzas for $35!!! No wonder i didnt question the size as the customer! I thought i was getting at least 2 medium 12-14” pizzas. One final note, the supreme pizza has whole olives on it. Who does that? I dont mind a little olive on my supreme pizza, but i dont want it to be the dominant flavor. All this to say, we had good food with a less than satisfactory experience. Therefore, only 3 stars. We will try somewhere different next time.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 15 November 2020 via mobile

There were a couple of things I liked about this place. The outdoor seating on the deck was really nice. Just a fun atmosphere. The beer I ordered was also spectacular. I was glad since the girl who took my order knew nothing about the beer selection. It's supposedly a tap room in addition to a pizza place, I was just surprised at the lack of knowledge about anything on tap. The pizza crust was great, the pizza itself was just blah. It was just an odd evening of some good and some bad.

Reviewed 5 November 2020 via mobile

First time to try their pizza. Very good. Crust is really good. We ordered online and picked up to take to our cabin. Employees were friendly and helpful. It was a Monday night in November and it was still busy. Pricey, but good.

Reviewed 3 November 2020 via mobile

We thought this trip we would order dinner from local places instead of bringing our own food will staying in a cabin.

We wanted this pizza to be better than it was...disappointing.