“Exploding with Taste!!!”

Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 11 August 2018

I went to Amanouz Cafe for dinner. I thought it would be warm inside but it was nicely air conditioned. I saw a few reviews for the Avocado salad so I ordered it and added chicken. The salad was awesome and it exploded with flavors that all came together! The chicken was outstanding. The dressing was perfect. The avocado was ripe and tasty. The portion was very decent. My friend ordered the chicken kabob and enjoyed it. This is a very casual restaurant. Everyone around me seemed to be enjoying their food. Service is fairly quick.

2  Thank Remycub

Reviewed 10 August 2018

We were hungry after our visit to the Dinosaur Footprints Reservation in nearby Holyoke so we stopped at this little Moroccan restaurant on Main St.in Northampton before we went on to Webs, our favorite yarn store and warehouse (great bargains to be had there). My husband loved his lamb kebab sandwich and my friend loved her chicken kebab sandwich. I got the Amanouz Royal Feast which is a small sampler plate of hummos, falafel, tabbouleh, moussaka and I was disappointed because it was very bland. I would advise sticking to the kebabs which were excellent and save room for the assorted baklavas (walnut, almond or pistachio) and the various cookies.

2  Thank kathyandalan
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Very good crepes and other dishes. Prices are reasonable and the service good. Would absolutely go here again!

2  Thank sph1634
Reviewed 4 August 2018

I met my daughter and her bf for dinner at Amanouz Café. It is a small, rustic restaurant where you walk up to a counter that separates the kitchen from the dining area to order your food. We had Dolmas, little finger sized things with seasoned rice wrapped in grape leaves, with a mountain of salad. Then the Tagine Fez with a lamb shank, prunes, onions, peas and hard boiled egg. Also had the classic green tea with fresh mint leaves in tiny glasses. It is the way I remember Morocco from a trip there many years ago. Finally we feasted on a selection of five dessert pastries, including a pistachio "bird's nest." It was all quite delicious and pretty reasonable. Total expense was about $50 including a modest tip.

3  Thank David S
Reviewed 1 August 2018

I've only had Moroccan food one other time- in Brussels - and it was breathtaking. So the likelihood that this would come anywhere close was slim. But Amanouz delivered and delighted. I had the tagine Casablanca, the avocado salad and the (NOT TO BE MISSED) Moroccan tea. What you may miss in the counter service is more than made up for in the savory joy of eating...

2  Thank DotDraper