“Amazing service, delicious food, numerous vegan options”
Review of Green Bean

Green Bean
Ranked #9 of 154 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This restaurant has been open for at least two years, serving what are probably the best breakfasts in Northampton. Why is it missing from TripAdvisor? It can be found reviewed on Yelp, Chowhound, Happy Cow, Urban Spoon, Insider Pages, and more. Get with it, Trip Advisor!
Reviewed 6 July 2016

My son and I were in Northampton from out of town, and visited The Green Bean for breakfast at the suggestion of a local friend. I can't eat dairy, and I'm a vegetarian, so it can be hard for me to find decent breakfast options on the road. We chose The Green Bean in part because they had numerous vegan options, including pancakes (it's so rare to find vegan pancakes!). The food was delicious. My son had chocolate chip buttermilk pancakes and some bacon, and I had apple-cinnamon vegan pancakes with a side of marinated tofu. We were both very happy with our meals. What was even better than the food was the service! The staff were super-nice, attentive, and kind. And the ambiance was very calm and pleasant. We will definitely make a return visit.

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

I drive over 20 minutes for breakfast at this place. Not only is the food fresh, local, and delicious but their staff is so friendly. The service is outstanding and worth the drive and wait.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

I knew the Green Bean would be good when I saw how busy it was inside for lunch. When we walked in I thought there would not be a place to sit but very friendly staff quickly found us a table as there was more room in the back. The restaurant smelled terrific. The sign outside indicated fresh and local ingredients, great staff and monthly art work - all of which were true. Nice Lunch.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 11 May 2016

Just had breakfast there with my wife this morning, so view this as a preliminary review. The restaurant is small, with a friendly staff and some 'interesting' customs ... pour your own coffee (bottomless), get up to pay the bill and seek a server for anything you want. It is cool, obviously popular, and the main reason for that hides in the kitchen doing his thing. The food is wonderful. We both had a three egg scramble, "The Lucky Devil" with bacon, mushrooms, VT. cheddar and green onions. The eggs were as good as I have had, neither dry nor too loose and the innards had obviously been pre-cooked ... to perfection. I misread the description a missed the bacon, so I order a side with a side of salsa. Out came four, not the usual three strips and a small container of salsa. The accompanying potatoes were very well seasoned and, again, cooked just right - crispy, not dull. Oh yes, it is also very veggie friendly, though, as a committed carnivore, I won't hold that against them.

The reason I view this as a preliminary review is that I expect to return and sample the menu more deeply. If what I encountered is emblematic of what they do, this place is special indeed.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank OmenWesternMA
Reviewed 28 April 2016

A small location with a great staff and great food. They offer something for everyone and the food is ready quickly. There are vegetarian and vegan options as well. Breakfast is fantastic and should be enjoyed if you are in the area. There can be a wait if you hit the busy time of day, but it is worth the wait. The take out is ready quickly should you not want to dine in. Check it out!

Date of visit: April 2016