“A 5 Star Afternoon”

Compass Rose Yacht Charters
Ranked #2 of 13 Tours in Newburyport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Compass Rose Yacht Charters, LLC, is the closest thing to having your own private yacht. Founded by Captain Gig Michaud, a US Coast Guard Licensed Captain (Master), and Retired Navy Captain, who desires to share his passion for the Ocean with his clients. Family Vacationers and Small Corporate Groups will experience the Natural Beauty on the Ocean, from Picturesque Harbors and Rivers, to cruising along the North Shore Coastline. Our reputation has been built on honest and ethical business practices mixed with passionate knowledge of yachting hospitality and tourism. When you step aboard our magnificent 35’ Tiara Yacht “GIA”, you will leave behind all your cares and begin experiencing the seafaring excitement of yachting at its finest. You will personally observe the Majestic Beauty of a Sun soaked Ocean, shimmering like diamonds across the horizon, with its warm gentle breezes. When you depart from the dock, and begin your journey, you will see, up close and personal, life on the water.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife Shanya and I can attest that there may not be a more relaxing and pleasurable way to spend an afternoon than aboard the Gia. The boat is as comfortable as it sleek. We saw Newburyport and surrounding towns for the first time. Gig is a delightful (and exceptionally skilled) Captain. We look forward to a return trip.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"ocean"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed October 25, 2017

We had friends in from the West Coast that wanted to see Fall foliage. Capt. Gig took us on a leisurely cruise up the Merrimack.
The Gia is a lovely boat, very clean and accommodating.
Capt. Gig is also a wonderful host!
We will most definitely do it again.

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Had a great night with my fellow co-workers beautiful night awesome boat ride and last but not least great Captain. Captain Gig managed to turn a land lover into a sea lover Thanks for a great time. Would highly recommend this company for business or social events

1  Thank asarcia
Reviewed August 26, 2017

I spent last Tuesday on the water celebrating a friends birthday celebration , it was an awesome time ! The yacht we were on is called "Gia" , and the Captain of the Yacht is Captain Gig. A wonderful man of high caliber, We were on the water for about 6 and half hours, enjoying the scenery at Wingaersheek Beach as we dropped anchor, and swam , and celebrated my friends birthday, just an awesome time as we ate, danced and swam. Captain Gig made the day most enjoyable ! A man of much character, a professional in all manner, I was so comfortable. I can't wait to do this again !!!
I have a small business in town that I will recommend Captain Gig, and the Yacht Gia to everyone I meet. Thank you again Captain Gig

See more reviews
Reviewed August 25, 2017

As someone who generally takes care of everyone else, it was wonderful to be onboard the Compass Rose Yacht Charter, "Gia", for my birthday; celebrating with some much needed enjoyment and "recharging of my batteries"! …And who better than Captain Gig to be the wonderful guide on the journey!! :-)

The yacht "Gia" is beautiful and well kept, and seated me and my guests very comfortably. We had plenty of enjoyment with my music on the Bluetooth, and lots of space for all of our extras that we brought with us.

One of my favorite parts was being able to drive a boat for the first time, and having Captain Gig give me a stellar boating education! I was able to learn how the ocean and yacht work together in transit, as well as what all the different things mean out in the open ocean. I LOVED being able to learn something helpful while I enjoyed my adventure! So cool!! :-)

Gig is wonderfully personable, and he truly enjoys what he does. With years in the Navy, you know Captain Gig will keep you safe and sound on your trip, and he is simply just such a fun person to have as the chaperone of your adventure!

This was THE BEST BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION, and my friends were just as impressed and thankful as I was to have chosen the right person (and business!) to "Take Care of Me" on my special day!!!

If you are a hard worker who "always comes last at the end of the day", do yourself a favor and let the Compass Rose Yacht Charter take care of you too!! ;-)

I will definitely be a repeat customer! Thanks a million Gig!!! :-D