US$417
US$399
Yankee Inn(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$139
Hotels.com
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$197
Garden Gables Inn(Lenox)
US$320
Official Site
Seven Hills Inn(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$99
  • Breakfast included
US$69
US$379
US$239
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$268/night.

Apple Tree Inn(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$685
US$628
Priceline
All reviewsr rhealing artssilent breakfastdining halldorm roomshared bathmain buildingteacher trainingguided hikebuddha barbooked a private roombuffet lineformer monasteryweekend retreatcooking demonstrationsandwich barvegetarian or vegan
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Annex; the Green building. No paint on the concrete walls. One lamp and two teeny lights for bedside reading. More outside lighting than in the rooms, which was visible all night long, due to no lined curtain. No counter in the bathroom and no hooks, either. Very cold temps in the room. Wind shook the building all night long. Parking for unloading is minimal. The check in for the Annex was not at the signage for it, causing even more confusion for many attendees. It’s a long walk up from the parking lot when it’s so very cold, snowy, and windy. The food is very good for the body, but could use some help with spices and herbs for seasoning. It is quiet and refreshing to have no technology noise. Breakfast is silent, which adds to the peace. The gift shop is filled with great books and herbal products, some jewelry, lots of yoga products and clothes.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
6  Thank 50statetraveler
Reviewed 25 February 2018

Fourth stay, but first time at Christmas. Food was limited selection and quality was so-so. Rooms were tiny and worn. Not very clean. Sick staff meant a canceled massage. Lovely scenery didn’t make up for run-down facility and tired vibe from staff. Maybe it’s time to rethink or renovate.

Stayed: December 2017
7  Thank Alison B
Reviewed 5 February 2018

In my mind Kripalu, was a small retreat centre for some solitude but turned out to be a very large busy hotel with small rooms and shared washrooms (unless you pay extra). The meals were decent including the silent breakfasts and they have excellent education programs. However, it was hard to combine the education program with Kripalu's yoga options unless you got up at 5:30 a.m. We enjoyed Pittsville the closest large town, as well as the hiking on their property and we left feeling more relaxed with no t.v. and reduced electronics use. Would go again.

Room Tip: I'd pay extra for private washroom.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
8  Thank psanton
Reviewed 16 January 2018

I sent the following letter to Erin Peck, EVP at Kripalu after receiving no response from Guest Services. Waited 2 months for an acknowlegement, none received so including in my review here.
I recently completed a stay at Kripalu from 11/8 to 11/12/17. This was my fourth visit in 5 years but honestly, I am not sure I will be returning. I was extremely dissatisfied with the guest service and value received for the amount paid.

I booked a private room with private bath in Shadowbrook/lakeside. When I arrived on 11/8 my room was ready, Room 391, but when I went to put my things away, there was a wasp in the bathroom which disappeared into open woodwork around the windowsill and several (really many) beetle type bugs coming out of a tile in the ceiling. I really felt this would not be comfortable for me and I returned to the front desk. There was no shock or surprise at my mention of all the bugs in my room. There, I stood uncomfortably for about 10 minutes while the registration clerk called someone in another location very quietly to switch rooms. The only option I was provided was to move to a room on the 4th floor, Room 497, but I was advised it could only be for one night because it was a higher level category of room and a larger room. This made no sense since I don't think there is a higher level room than Private bed/bath lakeside, but left with no other choice I settled there for the night, being told that I could have late checkout to minimize my time without a room the next day. They could do this I was told because there was no one coming into 497 the next day.

The next day I stopped down to the front desk around 11:30AM and encountered George, one of the clerks on duty. He said my new room was not yet ready but that I could leave my belongings in Room 497 and move it later around 4PM when my new room would be ready. Great. I headed back to my room at around 1:30 to get my coat for a hike and was locked out of my room. Trudged all the way back to the front desk, yet again, and George explained that the protocol (a word he continued to use MANY, MANY times as if I didn't understand the English language) was to lock me out of the room at 12Noon. Why in the world had he not told me this earlier when I stopped by the front desk? I would have moved all my belongings to the luggage room at 11:30AM so that I would have access to them throughout the afternoon. George accompanied me back to Room 497 to access my things, all the while talking over me and never apologizing or admitting that he should have given me a head's up to the fact my key would deactivate at 12 Noon. He advised me to leave my things in Room 497 until after my hike and I questioned the logic of that since we would have to trudge all the way back with a front desk clerk, yet again, following the hike. He said " I won't have to trudge back, I'm going home in 30 minutes!" He was very condescending and sarcastic and I told him so. When we reached the room, I said I would transport my own things to the luggage room and he slammed out. To me, George is the opposite of the personnel I had come to expect at Kripalu, very attitudinal, officious and unkind. I remember him from my checkin process in April 2016 as well and although he is efficient, he is not a warm and friendly presence upon arrival.

There are changes under foot at Kripalu and not for the better in my opinion. Another evening, up at Healing Arts, the receptionist Moses had to deal with a distressed woman who felt uncomfortable after an earlier massage. There was much back and forth, with him advising there was no supervisor present and that if she thought she was hurt, she should go down to Security to "get checked out." She, and the rest of us in the waiting room, really didn't get what Security was supposed to do, but he finally said to her: "Ma'am, I can do nothing for you, I am paid minimum wage and can't help you." This was really unprofessional on the staff members part and he continued to talk about her to another staff person while we all waited for our therapies, accusing the client of wanting something for nothing.

On my last evening there, I was extremely cold in my room and called down to the front desk, who advised there was no supervisor available to speak to me but would send up Security to check it out. Two gentlemen from Security arrived, insisted the heat was coming up (it wasn't) and got me an extra blanket. They were polite but what is with Security being the answer to every problem at Kripalu.

In my 3 room/3 day stay at Kripalu, the Kripalu magazine was only to be found in my last room, Room 291. I read with interest the literature provided on the new initiative RISE program regarding conscious leadership. I think the leadership at Kripalu needs to look to their own internal culture and guest services satisfaction. It says that they are industry model in conscious leadership and an organization committed to the cultivation of a more awakened, compassionate and connected world, but I experienced a lack of ownership by employees in guest service positions to handle, respond to or resolve problematic issues. Leaders/Supervisors are often not available or otherwise engaged and guests have no recourse to find resolutions. Guests may be willing to overlook sparse rooms and an antiquated physical plant, but it is not too much to expect kind, appropriate and compassionate treatment of people, especially at the rates Kripalu now charges.

It can be a magical place but this was not a magical stay for me.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
26  Thank coppertopmom
Reviewed 9 January 2018

My wife loves to visit Kripalu for workshops and to recharge with some friends when possible. She finally convinced me to do a weekend here with her for her birthday and we had a great and relaxing time. That being said, this place is not for everyone, so know what you are getting into before going. Here are my thoughts:
- It's a former seminary, so be prepared for a bare bones accommodation (unless you pay more to stay in the newer buildings). Think of college dorm living with shared bathrooms on every floor (bring flip flops for showering). I knew this going in, so I wasn't shocked by it.
- The food was super healthy and decent. Yes, there are things that are bland and not great tasting, but I was always able to find something delicious. Some meals were great, but other times I skipped the main buffet and grabbed stuff from the deli bar (the curry chicken salad was great).
- There is a hot tub for women, but they removed the men's hot tub years ago to make room for something else. I was a little disappointed, but I enjoyed using the sauna instead.
- My wife and I really enjoyed the yoga classes, a qi gong class (similar to tai chi), a guided kayak tour, and most of the other classes that we attended as well. There was one class that focused on chakras that was pretty awful. Even my wife, who is more open-minded about this kind of stuff, was shocked that Kripalu allowed this person to teach.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple