“You Can Get Anything You Want”

Alice's Diner Breakfast & Lnch
Ranked #52 of 238 Restaurants in Fall River
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 February 2017

Alice's is the epitome of the American version of the local neighborhood breakfast diner. Even more in its favor is the fact that they offer a sizeable gluten-free menu, including "malassadas" (forgive if I mis-spelled), a fried dough specialty beloved by the local Portuguese community, adopted by the rest of the non-Portuguese community, and never seen anywhere in gluten-free form (with gluten-full flavor) until we found them at Alice's. No matter what you order, from traditional egg dishes and omelets to stacks of pancakes, the portions are generous, the food is delicious, and the service is as attentive as if it was a family occasion. The place is small but even if you have to wait, it is well worth it.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

This place has an entire gluten free menu!! I was shocked to find I could order pancakes and any other regular diner breakfast food and it was actually gluten free. My non gluten free husband also enjoyed his meal and we found the server to be outstanding!!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

I was a little leary about the location . The place is small and a tad divey , but our waitress was very friendly and the food was good, loved the gf homefries went for gluten free breakfast . will go back for lunch another time

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

We had to pick up some meds in Rhode Island, and afterwards we were hungfy, so we crossed the state line and found d Aluce's Diner. It's a plain & basic hole in the wall, but our waitress was fine, and the omelets we ordered (a vegetarian for my wife, a calouca -- Portuguese-style pork -- for me) were both terrific...and the price was rock bottom. Fall River is a town that has clearly seen better times; certainly not a tourist attraction. Bit if you happen to be in the area (it's pretty close to an exit off of rte. if you're driving to/from Cape Cod) this would make a fine stop.

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Breakfast is always great. Blueberry pancakes are on point. Coffee was good. Omlets are very filling. Everything priced right.