“Comfort Food!”

Mc Govern's Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 235 Restaurants in Fall River
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Dining options: Reservations
Description: McGovern's is a family restaurant operated in Fall River, MA for 47+ years. Catering to a variety of customers we offer fine dining, small or large group reservations, and a customizable menu available for large private events up to 275 people.
Reviewed September 13, 2017

My favorite dish here is the boneless friend chicken dinner! I consider it "comfort food".
I have been enjoying this meal since I was a little girl... Tonight, we both started with a cup of chowder and my husband decided to try the veal cutlet and he said it was very good and I of course had the boneless chicken... Delish!

Descent sized menu with many daily specials, the service is great and the prices are very affordable. Great restaurant for a large group, or just a quiet dinner for two. If you are seeking 5 stars for ambiance, than this isn't the place... it's filled with a lot of family photos and has the same decor since I can remember, but with that being said, that's what keeps it McGovern's. :)

Reviewed August 18, 2017

A long time staple in Fall River. portions are plentiful and prices reasonable. Daily specials are excellent. No it is not stylish or modern decor just a basic good place to eat. I had swordfish which was excellent and my wife had fish and chips which had way more than she could eat. The service was solid and efficeint and the wait time for food minimal. Just a nice place to go for an easy meal

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

We went to McGovern's for a wedding reception. The room was beautifully decorated. The food was excellent and the portion sizes were so large that even the men at our table could not finish their entire meal. It was a perfect night all around. McGovern's is a wonderful venue for a reception.

Reviewed June 22, 2017

Since my last review of this eatery I must say there have been some improvements. No, not to the decor which is still in desperate need of attention, but the food. Though the menu really hasn't changed there have been some improvements to some meals. The Roasted Half Chicken is good, however the frustration/disappointment concerning it is that they only make 4 of them on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Yup, 4! My father enjoys the Little Necks over Angel Hair, my son the House Boneless Chicken (comes white and/or dark meat; love that), my mother the Corn Beef and Cabbage, whereas I enjoy the Half Chicken or Chicken Pot Pie or Shepherds Pie (only offered Tues - Thurs). Another marked improvement is found with the owners/operators. I've seen and experienced a much more friendly, courteous, and accommodating group of ladies. Waitresses/Waiters are always friendly and helpful. Thank you for the improvements McGovern's I will return again and look forward to future progress.

Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

Just visited McGoverns for an impromptu meal with our friends, having visited for the first time in 2015. Scallops to die for. Still fabulous food and great staff. Seems to be a regular now on our visits to the US.

1  Thank Martyn J