“Portuguese Pastries, Great Coffee, Unique Sandwiches”
Review of Barcelos Bakery

Barcelos Bakery
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Fall River
Reviewed August 19, 2016

I found this place by accident. I was staying at the Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport and I wanted a local breakfast. So I opened my Trip Advisor App and Barcelo's came up as a local bakery. Decision Made.

The selection of pastries reminded me of my trip to Europe last summer when I learned what pastries should be like, not the usual American donut or coffee cake. There wasn't much of a selection for breakfast, so I chose a tuna fish sandwich, a coffee (espresso Americano?) and I asked for a recommendation for the pastry. They recommended an authentic Portuguese custard tart, which they said was their best seller. It was incredible.

All I can say is that with food, pastries and coffee of this high quality, I'm jealous of those that live in Fall River. I wish Barcelo's was located near me here in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee.

Reviewed July 28, 2016

their rolls and breads and all their pastry are very good you can eat outside or inside their coffees and expresso are excellent very clean

Reviewed July 11, 2016

Many people go to Barcelos for the bread, coffee, and pastry, but they have some really great sandwiches at a very reasonable price. I have tried the cacoila, tuna, and grilled chicken sandwiches. They are all fantastic. All sandwiches are "made fresh for you". The waitresses are super, always smiling and ready to make sure you have a great experience. They also have the best sweet bread French toast, but I think it is only available on Saturdays. Take a ride over to Barcelos on Bedford Street. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 16, 2016

I really like Barcelos; it has so much to recommend it; good bread and pastries, impeccables cleanliness, etc. Reasonable prices. But its even better now; last time i reviewed it, I gave it 4 stars..mainly because of a unfriendly..frankly miserable..employee. But it appears they have gotten rid of her. Now i can wholeheartedly give it 5 stars. They have several new, very friendly employees. They still don't have half and half for the coffee..but in all other respects, this is a great place.

Reviewed March 24, 2016

Fresh and quality. That's all you need to know. They move there product so there is no day old stuff here. Great simple Portuguese bread.