“Food is usually good but I'd stick to the seafood”

Lepage's Seafood & Grille
Ranked #9 of 238 Restaurants in Fall River
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 December 2014

My girlfriend and I recently went a stretch without coming to Lepage's but have visited three times over the past few months. Most of the food has been excellent during our visits, but our last visit was a bit off unfortunately.

The first two visits, we got the dinner for two deal, and enjoyed cocktail shrimp for an app which were fresh and delicious.

I have gotten the stuffed sole with lobster sauce which is always delicious and I can't manage to try anything different from the menu!

My girlfriend has rotated between the eggplant parm, which was awesome, the fish n chips, which she said was decent but fish tasted strange, and the most recent time we went, she got the steak Mozambique.

I would avoid the steak. The first two times we went on a Friday evening, and it was busy, and we were seated in main dining area. This last time, we went late on a Thursday, and were seated in the bar section, our first time.

That was the start to the worst experience we have had at Lepage's. Our male waiter was friendly but a bit slow at times. We first got shrimp cocktail again, but this time, it was noticeably old, and certainly not as fresh tasting as the other two times we recently visited. That was disappointing.

Luckily while my stuffed sole was great as usual, my girlfriend hesitantly tried something different, and regretted that decision. Her steak mozambique was not pleasant. Due to this, I would suggest sticking to seafood here, as it is usually fresh and delicious. Her steak came out not rare, but RAW, and was purple on the inside and seared on the outside. She likes medium but this was still cold in the middle! I know we were the last table of the night, but at least cook our food all the way! She sent it back after trying to get the waiters attention for 5 minutes, as he sat at the bar and watched tv. He quickly brought it back and the same piece was heated up a bit more. The steak itself wasn't that good and full of fat and she could barely even eat half, as the other half was all fat. She will never be getting that again!

The dessert at least was good, it was a carrot cheesecake, a combination of two cakes that was pretty good!

I will chalk this up to an off night, as I love the stuffed sole and must come back for it, but I think I will stick to Friday's and not go again on a Thursday... Everything appears to be too laid back, including all of the staff, which I prefer not to watch them spit wooden skewers towards customers for laughs...

Reviewed 3 December 2014

Bar area has that old bar smell. Menus extensive an appetizering. A favorite for most locals. All though the place is old is still worth a visit because of the food..

Reviewed 20 November 2014

We had fabulously fresh seafood dinners to celebrate my birthday at Lepage's Seafood Restaurant. We began with the shared shrimp cocktail and freshly baked Portuguese rolls, then enjoyed tasty stuffed shrimp / pistachio crusted haddock entrees with generous sides of rice, mashed potatoes, broccoli and pickled beets. We chose the creamy chocolate ice cream dessert topped with whipped cream and a cherry. Even on a frigid cold day, we were able to enjoy the beautiful water view from the massive window covering an entire wall of the restaurant. The service was excellent and the price very reasonable.

1  Thank Norma J
Reviewed 7 November 2014

While recently visiting with my sister and brother in-law they treated us to lunch at Lepage's. I had the Baked Stuffed Sole with their house scallop stuffing And lobster sauce. It was delicious. My wife had Lobster Ravioli in a pink cream sauce with cherry tomatoes. Garnished with lobster meat. I tried a bite and it too was delicious. My brother in-law had Fish & Chips, the piece of fish was huge. My sister had the Baked Scrod another winner. We will be back on our next trip.

Reviewed 6 November 2014

Lepage's Seafood was really awesome! The place is unassuming, nice water view without the price tag. For dinner, we ate the Tuscan Salmon special and the Portuguese Scrod. The flavors and were wonderful. The prices were very reasonable. If I am in the area again, it is worth a return visit.

1  Thank Karen B

Been to Lepage's Seafood & Grille? Share your experiences!