“Creative dishes of all types.”

Milepost Tavern Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Duxbury
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2018

Seafood and pasta were so fresh and flavorful. Service was perfect. Friendly atmosphere in an established in hometown restaurant with many choices for all those in your party. Creative cocktails and good beer and wine selections. Can be considered fine dining if you have a special date for couples or families.

1  Thank Julia B

Reviewed 26 July 2018

You can be assured of a good meal and nice service at this long-time favorite. The drinks were well-made, the wait staff friendly and the meal delicious. Once again an annual favorite.

2  Thank M23rdPWR
Reviewed 9 July 2018

My wife and I have been there twice with our son, daughter-in-law and 20 month grandson as they live in the area. Each time I was very happy with the food and service. Having our grandson with us - you never know the type of reception you will get from a restaurant. You could tell right away that their wait staff has been around for a while and know how to treat families which makes you want to go back.

The portion size is perfect - large enough to fill you up but not overboard. I had the french onion soup and sole picata - both were excellent. My wife had the seafood bisque and shrimp scampi. The bisque was ok but the scampi was fabulous (I got to try both).

From a value perspective - I thought for the quality and quantity the prices were very reasonable (entrees average about $20 - $22 including a starch and a side). Alcohol is very reasonable as well.

The vibe is very up-beat, busy and can be loud at times (perfect for our grandson who occasionally loves watching everything that goes on around him.

I know we will be back

2  Thank markdyment
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

I recently had lunch there with my wife and was kind of disappointed. I got the lobster ceaser, I know it was from frozen lobster meat it was very limp and watery. Won't order that again.

Date of visit: May 2017
2  Thank middleboro
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Been there many times and always consistent. Good basic food. Love their soup and the décor. Staff always so pleasant

Date of visit: February 2018