“Quality and Caring about product, skills and customers are first and foremost!”
Review of The Bog Tavern

The Bog Tavern
Ranked #8 of 63 Restaurants in Bourne
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2021

This Chef is a scratch cook and creates from his heart ❤. He uses only fresh and as much local as possible.
I am also a scratch cook and Italian. Pretty fussy! I had my heart set on a nice steak! The offering has dry rub, bleu cheese stuffed mushrooms and some sort of steak sauce. NOPE!!! I want my meat naked. No fuss, just grille to medium rare! Chef was very happy to accommodate! The beef was tender, juicy, delicious. THE best steak that I have had in a very long time! And huge. I could not finish. Took the steak and perfectly cooked broccoli home for adding to my salad tomorrow.
My friend had the stuffed pork. She said it also was lean and tender and cooked to perfection. Nice cranberry reduction.
Our server was excellent and good company.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (122)

Reviewed 18 March 2021

Bog Tavern in Bourne, St. Patrick's Day, Corned Beef, etc. Great setting looking out over the Brookside Golf Course with Buzzard's Bay in the background. Very good lunch, vegetables were exceptional, (who knew I liked parsnips, not me), Corned Beef good, dried out quick, Irish Soda Bread exceptional. Service was great, Natalie was, well, exceptional. Watch out for those old duffers. Some tall tales were being tossed around.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 31 August 2020 via mobile

The best thing to happen at the Brookside clubhouse is the addition of the Bog Tavern. Known and liked for their delicious food (Bog Pub), this new location makes the restaurant even better. The view is outstanding. Our waitress Lee Ann was perfect. Friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. We will
Definitely return!

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 15 August 2020

The new location is outstanding. What a view!
Visited many times before, food and drinks always excellent. Clam chowder is to die for! Rosemary Chips with Stilton Cheese are like crack cocaine for me. Caesar salad, grilled, with the little fish and house made dressing is something I frequently order...to offset the chips, right? Bog BLT, hamburger, quite tasty and one I would order again. Just about everything is the best. Staff friendly and responsive.
Craft cocktails are innovative and refreshing.
Prices reasonable.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank IronHawk41560
Reviewed 26 June 2020 via mobile

We were able to make reservations for dinner the first week outdoor dining opened. The pub was such an oasis! Excellent food, beautiful atmosphere, and top notch service! Not knowing what to expect after months in lock down, it was a very organized and well thought out introduction back into society. Highly recommend this pub!!

Date of visit: June 2020

Been to The Bog Tavern? Share your experiences!