“Outstanding Peruvian chicken”

El Pollo Rico
Ranked #16 of 66 Restaurants in Wheaton
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

We have lived in the Wheaton area for about 10 years and have come to love El Pollo Rico. I like to affectionately call it "crack chicken" because it is so addicting. You have your choice of 1/4, 1/2, and whole chicken, along with sides. Highly recommend rice and beans and their tortillas. You MUST get the yellow sauce. I don't know what the yellow sauce is, but ask for extras because they never give you enough. (Promise me, you will get the yellow sauce?)

This place is popular, so give yourself some patience. You'll get through the line in no time though.

1  Thank Sarah W

Reviewed 11 August 2017

el pollo rico lives up to its name. i ve never had such a great chicken at a cheap price
people work hard and quickly.
the take out is excellent.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

I have been a frequent customer of this restaurant for years and the food has always been consistently good and plentiful . However when my husband and I went a few weeks ago I was a little bothered when I asked for my fries to be placed in a separate bag (which I always do with no problem) and the young lady did as I requested (which they always do) ,but when the other woman saw the bag ,she said something in Spanish to the woman I originally spoke to and she took half the fries out of the bag and gave it to me. I asked her why and she told me that was all I was supposed to get. I told her I always got a full bag of fries and she was a bit rude , still telling me I wasn't supposed to have a full bag . In all the years I have gone to El Pollo Rico , I have never had an experience like this and feel it was uncalled for . Even if they have a new policy concerning the fries , once the fries were in the bag , she should have left them . I still feel some kind of way about this and have not been back since . I'm only writing this with the hope that the management will see it and work on their customer service . The food is really good but there is a lot of competition out there and their food is just as good and plentiful with great customer service which are much closer to where I live . Just saying........

Reviewed 3 October 2016

The chicken is out of this world. The seasoning is amazing and the chicken is just so moist and tender. The people preparing the food are obviously masters at their craft. I strongly recommend getting a lot of the yellow sauce. The flan is also to die for (look, I tried getting the rum cake but by 2pm they'd already sold out). Go eat here if you're in Wheaton--you won't leave hungry or unsatisfied.

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

The chicken is always delicious with fries or rice and beans. Their flan and rum cake is very good too. For a family of four is approx $30.