“Maybe Just An Off Night”
Review of Roma Pizza

Roma Pizza
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We were staying in a resort in National Harbor and didn't feel like going out. Roma Pizza had put a menu under the door so we gave it a try.

Called for delivery, ordered a Sicilian pizza with mushrooms and a house stromboli. The order taker told me it would be an hour for delivery. Fine. An hour and a half later, the driver arrived. He had three or four pizzas in an insulated sleeve. My pizza and stromboli were just in the box and the pizza was on the roof of the car while he was getting things together. Okay, so it's not hot. We had an oven and microwave in our condo. Oh! And the driver had no change.

The Sicilian pizza tasted pretty good although, except for the rectangular shape, it bore no resemblance to any Sicilian pizza I've ever seen. Most are thick crust. Roma's was thin and soggy. Tasted good, however. I had the stromboli the next day. Yummy!

I expect this was an exceptionall busy night which might account for some uneven performance. If we order from Roma again, I won't order the Sicilian pizza.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for late lunch, takeout. Service was decent, and the stromboli was great. Plenty of parking and we enjoyed our food.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 26 May 2017

We didn't feel like cooking or going out to eat at a restaurant so we ordered burgers from Roma's. They were delicious!!!! We thought delivery was in the time frame that they predicted so we were satisfied.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 21 September 2016

I ordered pizza and cheese sticks for delivery. The pizza was cold/tasteless, and the crust was virtually raw. I also asked for a substitution, was told no problem, then they completely left off the substitution. Cheese sticks were rubbery/pasty, and the coating was almost mushy. Threw half the pizza away. The delivery guy was rude and pushy. If he had not stopped pushing, I was going to ask for him to be escorted from the resort.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank loveskitties
Reviewed 29 August 2016

I can't believe the experience I had with this place. They snuck past security and somehow placed brochures under the doors at the hotel I was staying at (after speaking with the hotel I learned this was against their trespass policy). I placed an order for one pizza at 9:45pm. I was told it would be there within 40 minutes. An hour passed and my husband called and was told that it was on its way. Still waiting and 2 hours pass. I call and they say that the driver has been trying to call me. This was a lie. I was sitting right next to my phone and no one called. I asked to speak to the manager and that is when things went from bad to worse. Jay is the worst at customer service. Never once did he apologize. He had 50 different stories about where my pizza was...the delivery guy is in the lobby, he is on his way, etc..... He kept acting like this whole fiasco was my fault. At one point he hung up on my because I was telling him that I expected a refund. He said, "Why would I ever give you a refund?". He was beyond rude. After he hung up on me, I called back. They picked up the phone and then hung it up again, so I called back. When I called back, I asked for Jay (I could tell by the voice that he was the one answering the phone). He said, there is no one here by that name. I don't know who you are talking about, but I can't help you. The pizza finally came at almost midnight and it was rock hard and freezing. I am going to speak to someone at the Gaylord and let them know how these people operate so maybe they can keep them from placing brochures at their hotel. Do not ever order from these people. Save your money, time, and frustration.

Date of visit: August 2016