“Good guacamole”

Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

About the parking...park in the lot AFTER the restaurant not before at the hair salon. There is a lot of traffic in front of the restaurant, but people were kind in letting me out.

I did really enjoy the cloth napkins. It is a nice looking restaurant on the inside. One of the more upscale Latin restaurants that I have been to.

Our waiter humored me and let me practice my Spanish. He answered me slowly in Spanish. I did really appreciate this.

The guacamole is quite good. The presentation could be nicer, but the flavor was good. The next time I would order it spicy. The chips were nice and thin, which wasn't good for the guacamole because they broke when dipping into the guacamole, but they were fresh and the warm salsa was a nice touch.

I ordered the chicken enchiladas. I asked for a spicy green sauce, but they only have a red sauce. When my order arrived the waiter said the kitchen put a green sauce on the side as well as the red sauce. After trying both, their red sauce is much better. Earthy and rich. There was a lot of chicken inside the tortilla, and it was well cooked, not dry.

The beans were my favorite part of the meal. Refried, and they had a terrific flavor.

My son ordered the chicken burrito. Again, the chicken was cooked perfectly. What I loved was that it was not a gigantic burrito. It was a reasonable size.

The rice and margarita were just like any other Latin restaurant.

This was a fun restaurant to visit. Friendly staff. I would definitely return.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

Found this place in this month's Washingtonian and also read TA reviews. Go early to assure parking. The food will not disappoint! We went dressed very casual for a family birthday dinner there are white linens on the tables so you could easily go dressed up for a romantic date. Definately recommend the skirt steak tacos.

Reviewed 29 April 2016

On 4-27-16 a friend of mine and I had lunch for the first time at Samanthas.
The food was as good as previous reviews from TA had suggested.
The service was prompt and friendly. The guacamole was the best I ever had in a restaurant. it is tricky to get there because of major road utility work near by.
The waiter guided us to an easier way out.

Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

This has been in the list for years, and we finally made it. The chips (extra thin) and salsa (warm and roasted) were delicious. The pupusas were perfect, and the salad with avocado and hearts of palm was refreshing. We will be back!

Reviewed 13 April 2016

We discovered Samantha's about four years ago when we were visiting the University of Maryland with our daughter. Originally from Texas we are very particular about our Mexican but we have read and positive online review and decided to check it out. We have since then been back most times we are in the area, so at least 12 ... And we have yet to be disappointed. Sometimes there has been a bit of a wait, but if you trying to arrive after the main rush hours, you can pretty much get seated immediately. The menu is pretty extensive and we have tried many of their dishes, everything from typical popular Mexican dishes to some different plates, even seafood. We have never been disappointed. One of my favorite dishes is the skirt steak tacos, and my husband almost always gets the garlic shrimp as an appetizer up, and it is excellent. One downside of the restaurant: the parking. There is not much parking right near the restaurant and the few spots they have are shared with other businesses. There may very well be some additional parking somewhere nearby but we are not from the area, so we may not be aware of it.