“Luxurious Country restaurant”

Baringo Food and Wine Co.
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My brother, sister in law and family took me to Baringo for my birthday. It is remarkable place, so far from my experience of city restaurants - where there is so many to choose from, all close to each other. Baringo is near the New Gisborne railway station, the footy and sports ovals, a primary school and that’s it. But this restaurant is quite something.
Firstly its extensive - so many rooms and aspects to the complex- a front bar also serving meals, fine dining down the back, a cafe at the front, a function room, a movie theatre!!! All just beautifully appointed and finished, no expense has been spared.
And the meals were wonderful too - we had eye fillet steaks for two of us, spatchcock for my sister in law, and kid’s meals of steak and veggies too for the young ones. A glass of wine or two, and all was enjoyed very much.
Our waiter Louis was very attentive and helpful, without being intrusive. Friendly and personable.
Baringo - it’s a wonderful asset in the Macedon region. You must visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On a Wednesday night a group of us went for the Parma Night in the front bar. My first time visiting here and I must say, it is a very lovely venue. LED lighting accents, tasteful renovations and even a glass floor section to see the wine cellar below. The staff were friendly and helpful. Sorry to say, the $18 Parma was awful! A manufactured chicken breast with an equally manufactured tasting topping. An oily side salad . And to top it off....it was "tepid". I really hope the Bistro section is better but it won't be high on my places to visit. To there credit, they did offer several of us a complimentary glass of wine or coffee to compensate but for me the damage was done.

1  Thank Martin B
Reviewed March 5, 2018

We went here for Peggy's 100th Birthday with about 45 others. The food was excellent and the room was big enough for two other large groups to be accommodated as well.
Very helpful staff and a good selection of drinks for everyone.

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

The menu is not extensive but does cater to most tastes. The food is well presented, tasty, and the plate is ample. The prices are medium for the food but I found the wine on the pricey side. We found choosing the plate of cheese and charcuterie was an excellent starter for three. Steak was tender and juicy - good quality. Fish was also excellent. Service is friendly and efficient allowing you to have a relaxing meal without feeling rushed. It worked out at $70/person including wine but no deserts.

1  Thank Finian M
Reviewed February 25, 2018

On a whim we decided to be daring and try another venue for a quick meal as we drove home from Bendigo to Mornington Peninsula. (Usual stop is in Kyneton) We were served promptly with our meals being served by pleasant attentive staff, my kangaroo was delicious. We enjoyed the ambience and the setting of the small areas kept the noise to a reasonable level. It was a quick drive into New Gisborne from the Calder Freeway and we will certainly return. I will know to go into the café area selling the regional produce first before it closes then venture to the Bistro to eat.