1,023 results
All reviews horizons restaurant standing balcony steam room seafood buffet crab legs dog park beach bar small balcony outdoor pool view of the ocean live entertainment off season fitness center beach access family vacation housekeeping staff coffee maker
Reviewed 27 August 2017

This was one of the dirtiest places I have stayed. The hallways smelled awful and there was animal feces at one point. We got into our room and the bathroom had mold growing on the corners. My husband actually cleaned hair out of the tub. The pool area was a wreck the towels were scarce and small. There was food on the ground and if you are offering pool services to two hotels I think you should have a much bigger space. The condos next door also use the pools.
The staff was rude. We asked questions and received either no answer or very short ones. We wanted to stay one more night for jeep week. So we called to ask and the person answered, said no and just hung up. The people that supposedly worked the pool never smiled in fact I don't think any staff member smiled or wished us a nice day at all.we had trouble finding parking yet I noticed Clarion vehicles parked in spots that should be for paying guests and I saw staff walking to their cars too!! I witnessed this from the tiny balcony. There was grime and dirt everywhere. Went to dinner at the restaurant and the floor was filthy! I was so disappointed. And to add we couldn't find another place that is why we asked for the extra night there. Believe me we will not be back and we will be doing jeep week every year.
Sadly this could be a different review if management knew how to motivate their employees and do some quality assurance. Our rooms had not been touched in the 4 days we stayed! We didn't complain while we where there but did ask to speak to a manager before leaving and he was not available??? Obviously.

Room Tip: Don't go here
1  Thank pammyb36
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

This review is very disconcerting, and I'm surprised by all these issues you experienced during your stay. We certainly apologize for these experiences and the department directors have been made aware of your concerns in order to rectify these problems. Had you made us aware of these issues while you were still at the hotel, we may have been able to give you immediate resolution regarding at least some of these items. Again, we're sorry and will work diligently to resolve these problems.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

My family and I (hubby and 2 kids) stayed two nights at this hotel. Check in was very easy for us an we were able to get into our room about an hour early. The rooms were very clean and housekeeping did a great job. The outdoor pool was fantastic and the kids loved it. The pool bar was very good and the drinks were very good. The location of this beach is about a 10-12 minute drive to the boardwalk which we didn't mind. The beach access was awesome. There is a restaurant and store located in the hotel. We did not dine at the restaurant but the store sold goodies like ice cream, chips, and coffee. The only negative comment I have about our stay was the elevators. There are simply not enough elevators. Many times there were long lines for the elevator which was annoying. Overall we had a great stay and would stay again.

Stayed: August 2017

Thank you for your review and your business! We do understand the frustration with the elevators when they're slow, and are currently investigating options to resolve the situation. We're happy you'd like to stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

The Clarion Hotel was a pretty good hotel but there are some major things they need to work on. The rooms were pretty nice but the lighting was bad (no lights except for one by the door and in the bathroom) and one of our lamps did not turn on. Also, there is 3 elevators in the whole hotel for all staff and customers. It took 3-7 minutes on a regular basis for the elevator to come and usually it was full with customers already. The pools were very well kept. The staff was generally nice but when we were checking in the staff member helping us was rude. We didn't have any food except breakfest from the cafe one day and it was OK, not many options (would have loved odwalla or naked smoothie bottles). I would probably come back here but I would like them to fix these issues.

Room Tip: Ocean View is really only partial, beware floor 5 is pet friendly
1  Thank mexico672017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It's great feedback, and we will be looking at the issues you describe. Please come back and visit us again and see how we do with improvements!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

My husband and I spent the night at the Clarion last weekend and had a wonderful time. We drove in from VA and arrived very early, so we could not check in upon arrival. That was just fine. We spent the day on the beautiful beach and the front desk called us when the room was ready. Everyone at this hotel was incredibly nice. The gentleman at the front desk allowed us a late check out. The woman who worked in the gift shop was funny and helpful and a real pleasure to talk with while we were in there buying coffee and pastries. The outside bar has a great happy hour and fabulous music. We are still talking about how much fun we had on our mini getaway. Yes, the elevators are slow and crowded….but assuming you aren’t having to go up and down multiple times per day, it isn’t that big of a deal. Also worth mentioning is that we did not hear ANYTHING outside of our room. It was so nice and quiet – we slept so well. Thanks, Clarion!!

Room Tip: High rooms have better views.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you! It's great to know that you had a happy and satisfying experience with us. We appreciate your business and hope to become your home-away-from-home! Hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Our room was comfortable, clean had a nice view of the ocean and the inland waterway, the beds were very good. Staff was very friendly, very nice the way that we were welcomed upon arrival. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher is better view, lower is less elevator wait time.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and we're happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.