La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocean City
  • Pool
Flamingo Motel(Ocean City)
Barefoot Mailman(Ocean City)
View Hotel
Sun 'n Fun Motel(Ocean City)
View Hotel
All reviewsa pet friendly hotelno pet feehardwood floorspet arealove dogshard boiled eggsallow petsfree breakfastthe breakfast areaoff seasonshort walk to the beachcleaning staffupon checkconvention centercoastal highwayplenty of parkingbalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

GREAT rooms (no carpets) if you want to bring your pets, but I have one major complaint - there is only one tiny little area for them to go to the bathroom and it was kind of gross when we were there (late March). It's also by the main hotel entrance, which isn't the best placement for anyone - humans or canines! My issue with it was that the grass was bare so it was just a patch of really hard dirt that you don't want to step on. Maybe they'll be planting more grass this spring? There is literally nowhere in the nearby surrounding area for your dog to "go" besides this little dirt area. Other than that one thing, we really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQOC, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you U6751QXkellyp for taking the time to write about your stay and choosing to stay with us!

Yes, we do redo our pet area very regularly since we do get a lot of furry friends, but since we are just coming out of the winter there is no sod yet to replace it. Unfortunately that is the largest area we are allowed for pets as most of our property has to be dedicated to parking since space in Ocean City is very tight. Once we get a little more into Spring it should be very green!

We look forward to seeing you again and improving on your experience at the La Quinta Inns & Suites in Ocean City, MD!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My girlfriend and I have been vacationing in Ocean City, MD for over 10 yrs. I wanted to take my dog on vacation with us this time. While looking for a pet friendly place the La Quinta came to mind first. I can’t complain about anything!!! It’s very clean, especially for being a Pet friendly place! The ladies do a wonderful job with cleanliness!! The rooms are perfect! Very clean, the decor is very nice, the beds are amazing! The rooms have everything you would expect(microwave, small fridge, Tv, etc)!
Sometimes the smallest things are more appreciated then the bigger things. What I mean by that is there bathroom towel where very soft and very nice sized! We don’t usually stay in a fancy place like this when we are on vacation. The place we usually stay at is a older place and isn’t a 5-star place like I’d give this one! We prefer to stay at a cheaper place and spend our money on more important things like trying new places to eat that we haven’t tried yet, or fishing or shopping.
If we would ever want to splurge we would definitely stay at the La Quinta! We only decided to stay here due to bringing my Dorkie(yes, I said Dorkie. My dog is a Yorkie, daschund mix). I also chose this place due to the rates being cheap since the season hasn’t started yet. Again, the La Quinta is a fabulous place! It’s a fairly newer place which you can tell right away! They have a bar/restaurant connected to the place, they have a continental breakfast which is free(nice little variety of breakfast). A few games, and a small workout area which I didn’t check out.
It’s a great location and there is a bus pick up just out front. A liquor store next door/meat market type place. I would like to say thank you La Quinta for a very nice very pleasant first time staying here! I would definitely recommend the La Quinta but, maybe only if your taking a pet. There where a very good amount of pets(dogs) while we stayed here(3/29-4/1). The dog area is small like other reviews have stated but, I’m just happy they even thought about our 4 legged friends! Caught a few sunset pics which we stayed here. I also put a pic of the floor we where on(fourth floor) so, you can see where your room will be located. Thank again

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo

Thank you Lifeisabeach83 for taking the time to write about your stay and choosing to stay with us!

We are happy we could accommodate you and your pet this time in OC! If you are looking to come down again with your pet you still have some time to take them on the beach and boardwalk before the laws switch during the busy season to prohibit them.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Lots of dogs!!! Definitely only go if you are a dog lover. Perfect stay for your family and pet. The place is renovated, so everything is new and very clean. The free breakfast is fair, but that is expected since it is free. It is 1/2 block to the beach and in a very convenient location. I would definitely stay there again. The staff was also very nice and accommodating. At times, the doggie bags container was empty and the breakfast needed to be refilled and we had to ask twice to get it refilled. But, overall, in order to bring our pets, we will tolerate the subpar breakfast.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Thank you Trixie1965 for taking the time to write about your stay and choosing to stay with us!

La Quintas are known for being a pet friendly brand and as one of the only ones in OC we go get a lot of furry friends sometimes. We do apologize if breakfast got low as our complimentary Brightside breakfast is always a big hit especially those fresh, hot waffles! We will be adding more hot items to our breakfast like sausage and omelets very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQOC, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked my vacation for march 2018 in oct 2017 i noticed in nov 2017 the prices dropped i called and got a price adjustment. when i went to check in they still had the original amount when i showed the person at the counter the confirmation of the price adjustment he said "I cant match that and theres nothing i can do execpt give you the rates that we currently have" (which wasnt as low as i was able to get it.) then he said we got you oceanfront/side room on the fourth floor like i asked i get to the room it was coastal highway i go back down and he blamed it on someone else approving it and that he didnt do it than he said he gave me a oceanside room and i went back up and both keys didnt work i had to go back down and he got onto the computer and did something on it and told me he'd meet me up there. when i met him up there he did both keys and said "I dont know what the problem is they both work" i told him he got onto the computer when i was down there and you probably activated it he said "Oh yeah thats right i did do that" check in wasnt fun but the stay was

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you Cuteangel0000 for taking the time to write about your stay and choosing to stay with us!

We do apologize for the issues with your keys and rates at check in. Rates do fluctuate quite often especially if you book that far in advance, but we are only able to match our own rates, not rates posted on third party or travel websites. Please contact us and ask to speak to a manager if you do have a confirmation or a pdf from an LQ website so we can compare it to your rates for your stay.