All reviews fire pit bay view outdoor pool late check beautiful brand new hotel platinum member longer stay service elevator the breakfast area bars and restaurants traveling with kids breakfast was delicious minor issue hotel is located thoroughly enjoyed our stay rooms are spacious large balcony
Reviewed 14 June 2018

My fiance and I were in town just for one night. We both have worked in the hospitality industry for over 5 years, and know the importance of great service. Mercedes kindly answered the phone and gave us directions on how to get to the hotel as we were unfamiliar with the area. Once we arrived, she greeted us with the warmest welcome. She gave us suggestions on activities in the area, and even gave us an upgrade for our first stay. She was phenomenal and gave outstanding customer service during every encounter-- everyone in the hotel industry should strive to be like her.

As far as the hotel went, the view was gorgeous. Everything was clean, organized, and fresh. All kitchen supplies were there to cook as much food as anyone could think of. It truly felt like a home away from home.

We could not have been more satisfied with this mini trip, and will be returning many times in the future. Very well done team, and Marriott!

-Abigail & Dietrich Marcelin

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Abigail O
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Just returned from a 1-night stay with my sons and our pooch Duke and very impressed with hotel. Checked-in a little early by Makenzie (hope I spelled that correctly) and she was fantastic!!!, a wonderful young lady. Hotel is in a great location in the "quieter" part of OC and is sparkling new and quite modern and spacious. Our rooms was on the main level (more on that later) and was two queens with the small kitchenette that RI's have and a balcony. Really impressed with the furnishings and the Keurig coffee maker, awesome!!! The breakfast was a typical RI breakfast but no complaints, nice pastries and bagels along with the eggs and meat and waffle station. Plenty of restaurants in walking distance and the beach is just across the main road in OC.

My only issue with the hotel is the pet policy so 1-star removed. The policy on the payment is on the website so no surprises but $150 is very, very steep for 1 night and I can't fathom why you would charge the same fee for 1 night or 7 nights??? I fully understand why you have the fee but I think you could redefine it for the disparity of nights. And I'd also think you should state on your website that pet rooms are on the lowest floor of the hotel so no view and no upgrade for a Platinum member, the hotel was virtually empty.

So all in all I'd recommend the hotel as it is very nice and the staff was fantastic but for any folks traveling with pets I'd consider other options if it is only for a night.

Room tip: I was "stuck" on the main level with our dog but I'd assume you need to be at least on the 4-5th floor to have a bay view.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank TravelinEvertonian
Reviewed 3 June 2018

this is wonderful place to stay in Ocean City. and Michelle is the best person that work the hard to make sure your visit is great.. The room are wonderful, the staff is great and what a view of from the swimining pool on the top floor. Getting to the room is a little funky but super safe with extra security measures. Keep up the Great Work....

Room tip: Stop for Breakfast and say HI to Michelle...
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank Steve W
Reviewed 2 June 2018

We stayed for 4 nights over Memorial Day weekend. The hotel is brand new and everything was in great condition. Our room had 2 queen beds and a couch that pulled out to a bed. Also, there were 2 TVs and a kitchen with full size fridge and freezer, dishwasher, dishes, microwave and a 2 burner stove. The balcony was small but had 2 chairs and a small table and bay views. We spent a day at the outdoor pool which is beautiful and right on the bay. There is a bar with a tv and food and drink service there as well as grills to use and there were plenty of chairs and tables. It would be great to add a hot tub out there for cooler times. There is also a fire pit out by the bay.

There is free breakfast which we only went to once. It was extremely crowded, I'm guessing because it was a holiday weekend. The food was good though, and the staff were doing their best to keep up.

One night, we were unable to connect to the wifi because it said too many users were connected, but otherwise it worked just fine. The bathroom in the room was slightly small, but very nice and well-lit.

Overall, it was great, and we will definitely be back the next time we are in the area.

Room tip: high floor will have better views
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank CSKMc
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Ocean city has been lacking stylish hotels for some time. It’s very exciting to see a Residence Inn by Marriott Open and provide such great service me and my wife stayed there three nights and we’re just enthusiastic about how beautiful the hotel is in the pool deck that overlooks the bay outstanding. The amenities at this hotel speak for them self-there over the top. Free continental breakfast which is the best I’ve ever seen. As a beast lover I believe the Bayside is more beautiful than the oceanfront in Ocean City.

Room tip: travel during the week
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple