“Charming place for lunch”
Review of K Town Bistro

K Town Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
K Town Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Kensington
Price range: US$13 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: K Town Bistro is a family operated restaurant nestled in the heart of Historic Kensington that serves a delicious assortment of French and American cuisine
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Two of us had lunch here yesterday - it was our first time at the restaurant and it was very nice. We had a table by the window - the place is very charming and the service was very good. We shared the crispy oysters and they were excellent. The salads were also good and with a very nice house dressing. Parking was fairly easy to find on the street.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

My husband and I are moving away from Kensington after living here for over 20 years, and I had to go to K Town Bistro one last time - although I'm sure I'll be back when I come back to visit in the area. We have loved this restaurant since it opened and it quickly became our 'go to' spot for special occasions - Thanksgiving, New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day as well as eating out with friends.

On this visit I came with a friend for lunch and we each had the Crispy Oyster Appetizer - a favorite for both of us - and the Tossed Salads filled with veggies and a great dressing. We were too full for dessert.

The food here is delicious and it's a great menu with many options and specials every day. This restaurant serves a lot of vegetarian and gluten free dishes. The staff is wonderful. I will miss K Town Bistro!

1  Thank HistoryLover2017
Reviewed 27 January 2018

If you visit Kensington Antique Row and want to have a nice meal, try this K Town Bistro. It is located next to Safeway block in s small row house. The food is excellent, the wait staff are well-trained and the atmosphere is elegant with no pretentious. Weekday lunch might be a good bet of not running into big crowd.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

This is a very nice restaurant. Some dishes are downright excellent: the short ribs, the crispy oysters, the hamburger (only available at lunch). Everything else is at least good, although a few things, such as risotto, may not be quite as they would be in a quality Italian restaurant. Also, the staff is gracious andvery accommodating to special requests, such as changing the vegetable(s) that accompany a dish. Probably the best restaurant n Montgomery County outside of a few in Bethesda, and worthy of the short trip up from most of DC.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We have had several meals at K-Town and have found the food and service to exceptional every time. Most importantly, we recently had a post wedding dinner at K-Town. The owners were very agreeable to support our desires. They closed the bistro for our private event and set it up just like we asked. Special wedding menus were developed that offered our guests six entrees (as we requested). Everyone agreed that whatever entrée they chose, the food was excellent. The staff was well organized and service was timely. A special wedding cake was made that was about the best cake I have ever had. I would surely recommend K-Town Bistro for any occasion.