“Very good food, excellent service”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #44 of 178 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Had the rib eye steak and sweet potato. Rib eye was very juicy, but not as tasty as the sirloin. Sweet potato was delicious, specially with butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Monica
was an excellent waitress, always there when needed and quickly responding to our requests.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Really good statehouse, delicious sides and really nice and helpful personnel. Great service, really recommend it!

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Great tasting sirloin steak and sweet potato. Steak seasoning was too spicy. Salad was cold but good tasting. Bread was not warm and was slightly stale.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

My wife and I ordered the Blossom Petals appetizer, Steak Quesadilla and a Chicken Salad. Everything was nice. Franz, our server was funny.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Outback used to be so busy that you could stand in line for an hour waiting for a table. Tonight, the empty restaurant should have been a clue for us.
I ordered the filet four course dinner. My husband ordered a rib eye dinner.
1. The filet mignon was a sirloin. The manager tried to cover it up by saying the filet was cooked under a bacon press. I told him it was a sirloin and he could take it back. I don't eat sirloin. When the new steak arrived, it was a filet and he apologized and admitted I was given a sirloin. The new steak was RARE. I'm okay with medium rare, but this steak was cold and blubbery in the middle.
My husband was all but finished with his meal. I sent back my entire meal and offered to pay for only the salad I had eaten 1/8th of. I ate more salad and told my husband I needed to go to McDonalds on the way home.
2. My husband ordered a ribeye and baked sweet potato. He got a loaded regular potato and sent it back. While he waited he ate the ribeye and said it was BLAND and tasted old and reheated. I tasted it and agreed. The baked sweet potato arrived late.
The manager gave me a bag with the rare filet cut in half and reheated until it was well done, and a thin slice of cheesecake. I took it home, tasted it and threw it in the garbage.
Honestly, we like Outback. This meal was a disaster. I felt scammed when I got a sirloin trimmed to look like a filet. What happened?
Going to Stanford Grill for a while. Sad.

1  Thank HolmesHolmes
OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Hello,

This is not at all the food and service experience we had hoped for. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Ellicott City, MD". We can then correspond directly over email.

Lacey