Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area
Elkton Lodge(Elkton)
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskstayed herepull out sofanext morningclean roomsinternet speeda long road tripfamily functiongreat breakfast in the morningfree breakfastmini fridgenice lobbyhotel lobbygood sizemyrtle beacheggswould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My daughter and I stayed here this past weekend. We booked through Expedia and had no problems. It was set up to pay at the hotel.... Upon checking in, the gentleman at the front desk was on his cell phone through the whole transaction. His attitude was as if we were disturbing him. I gave him a credit card to charge our room, but, he decided to use what was on our reservation with Expedia. The next morning, I noticed that the hotel charged me 238.00 TWICE. Was told one transaction was the authorization. This never occurred during any stay at other hotels for me. My daughter became ill from the breakfast and we left the hotel, Sunday morning . This morning I find that they charged my card a third time. I have filed a complaint with my bank and Holiday Inn will not see us again.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Kathy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here when my parents visited for parents weekend. Although it's in Maryland, it's only about 10 minutes from Newark. Everything was clean and the service was good. It was pretty typical for a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Kathy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for staying with us and the very kind words!

We enjoy having our students and parents/family stay with us! It is such a great time during sports season and graduation! We look forward to seeing you and your parents again soon!

Safe travels!

Reviewed March 4, 2018

my wife and I were on a long road trip and had been travelling for several hours, it was getting late and we had not made a reservation anywhere so picked this hotel from those listed on our gps. it turned out to be a very pleasant pick.

Room Tip: very easy to find, close to major highway but not so close as to be noisy
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve A
Kathy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

Thank you so much for the kind words!

It definitely is important to find comfort when you are away from home.

We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you both again.
Safe travels to you both!

Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

This was by far the best stay we had along 95 from Florida to New York. The hotel was clean and modern. The staff and manager were overwhelmingly friendly and caring. The breakfast was adequate although they did not have anything gluten free. The manager was very agreeable to look into getting some for future visits for anyone on a special diet.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the very kind words! The entire staff truly appreciates it!

So happy that you all stayed here with us and it was my pleasure meeting you!

Safe travels to you both and to Riley!

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

I was greeted with a professional front desk associate. Quick check in. VERY clean room with a clean smell to it. Next morning there was a slight issue and Ria, she should be in training videos for the company, got it taken care of in minutes. Omar , the manager, personally apologized for any inconvenience that moving me to another room, had caused. Not necessary but this is the kind of manager I would want running my hotel. Second shift clerk April, recommended some pizza places and the one she was high on was awesome!! Seasons pizza rocks. I'm a business traveler and stay in hotels around 25-28 days a month in hotels. I will say this has to be the best one I've been to. Let me also add the housekeeping staff were very polite and all had uniforms. Big thank you to them.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
Kathy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Thank you so much for the very kind words! Our staff truly appreciates it!

We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to seeing you again soon!