“Large Servings, Good Presentation”

Koto Sake Japanese Steak House & Sushi
Ranked #56 of 281 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 410-531-2825
Reviewed 25 March 2016

Service was very prompt and courteous which one would except at a Japanese restaurant. We were offered a booth in the large bar which we enjoyed. The alternative was a large dining room with hibachi cook tops.

Kirin beer was served in an ice cold glass, so cold that it turned the beer to a slushie--I liked it. Tempura Shrimp box was more than I could eat--included rice, edamame, miso soup, dumplings, salad, fried tofu and sauces for less than $20. WOW! Wife ordered a spider roll (soft shell crab) and brought 1/3 of it home. Very large and pretty.

Reviewed 1 March 2016

My husband found a Groupon for this place so we decided to give it a try. The place is large and "sectioned" into rooms with four grills per room. The decor could use a facelift. We arrived at 5:30 for Sunday dinner so we had a grill table to ourselves. Wait staff was very friendly and attentive. We both ordered appetizers: I had the chicken tempura sushi and my hubby had his favorite, crab rangoon. The sushi was ok - beautifully presented but seemed lacking in flavor. The crab rangoon was a bit on the sweet side. The hibachi meal came with salad, soup, and entree. The salad was good and fresh but the soup was bland. It had a taste of just hot water with a couple of mushrooms floating in it - I did not finish it. The hibachi chef was entertaining. He prepared mixed vegetables, noodles, rice, and the meats that we chose. Portions were amble and we both took food home. Atmosphere was ok. I've been to better Japanese Steakhouses but I wouldn't turn down another trip here.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Seen one..seen them all. Sit at the hibachi, order steak, shrimp, lobster, or chicken, chef comes out, slices, dices and grills, flip the zucchini in the mouth...yep the full show. Couldn't use my 20% coupon at lunch...defeated the purpose. Oh well...still good

Reviewed 21 December 2015

One of the best shows in the area. The hibachi-style foot is standard fare but tastefully prepared. The chefs are universally entertaining. There is a good sushi menu as well.

Reviewed 16 November 2015

We came here to celebrate my son turning 18. I wish we had gone to Chik-fila. The service was slow, the food had no flavor except salt and it was served cold. Kinda not right for a HAbachi restaurant. We choose not to sit by the habachi since the smoke is irritating. But that does not mean to serve me cold rice!
the soup werved was cold too. Not my idea as an ideal meal. I dont think this place will last long or the client does not know what real Japanese food tastes.