“Good food and service”

Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Clinton
Price range: US$8 - US$27
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 23 July 2018

We went here as a group for dinner one evening. I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs of barbecue, but I at least know what I like - and I like what they serve here.

Their brisket was outstanding, and the barbecue was equally good. I had fries and potato salad as my sides, and they were also very good. The service was attentive and prompt, even with our large group, and there were no issues there.

My only knock might be the beer. I actually made two visits here, and on both visits, more than one beer on tap was out. Not a huge deal, but it's pretty disappointing to find your first (and second) choices are out.

Overall, I really enjoyed my visits, and I'd make a return trip anytime.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 14 July 2018

We have family in the Camp Springs/Clinton area and when ever we visit, we make a trip to the Texas BBQ a must do. Food is great, portions a generous and we have never waited to be seated or served. Our last trip included a pulled pork sandwich from the lunch menu that made sure I did not need to eat again for the rest of the day. Ribs were tender and brisket was moist and had a perfect smoke ring. All I can say is I wish we had a place like this in our home town.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Okay, the sampler was very hearty and BBQ ribs and brisket were great yet the Maryland fried chicken blew us away! Perfection! Dip it in hot BBQ sauce and you’ll be in heaven! The mac and cheese was slightly bland for my taste (I prefer sharper cheese) but kids will love it. Cole slaw and beans both terrific. This place is worth the drive if you find yourself stuck in Beltway traffic by National Harbor. Come here and wait it out! Full bar as well.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank shelandi
Reviewed 19 May 2018

Last night of the trip, finally got a chance to stop in and eat. Well worth it. Brisket was perfect. Nice smoke ring, seasoned just right. The ribs were spot on. The steak to die for. Excellent place to eat some 'Q.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Being a resident of Clinton, my family suggested we stop in an have some ribs this evening. They missed the mark. Ribs were dry and not seasoned well at all. When asked about the bread pudding for dessert, I was told that the owner makes it especially himself. He missed the mark all together. It was down right nasty. We saw several elderly couples enjoying dinner and we had to wonder if they were dining because of great experiences years ago because the overall taste of the food here did not win us over. We support small Mom & Pop restaurants but they have to keep us wanting to come back. I think they took us and others for granted.

Date of visit: May 2018