“Great waterfront dining and a nice place to walk it off.”
Review of Rod 'n' Reel Charter Fishing - CLOSED

Rod 'n' Reel Charter Fishing
Reviewed 4 November 2014

The staff was quick to seat us, quick to serve us, attentive to our needs, and the seafood was fresh and tasty.
Their prices are a bit higher than other seafood restaurants in the area but that's mainly because you're paying for a posh environment with a spa next door.

1  Thank bubblescubed
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Let me start off by saying that I didn't really know what I was getting into when I bought the Groupon deal for a trip aboard the "Miss Chesapeake Beach," but since I had never been fishing before and my boyfriend said he'd had lots of fun on similar outings, I decided to take a shot.
I can't really say it was a bad trip, but there were several things I would've liked to know in advance, mainly that there are NO sinks aboard! So your fishy, slimy, possibly bloody hands will remain that way throughout the trip. I suggest bringing wrapped food that can be eaten without touching it, as well as towels that you don't mind getting dirty (for the worst of the blood and guts) and Clorox-type wipes or Purell (especially for after using the head) to feel at least somewhat clean.
If you plan to cut up worms or artificial bait, bring your own knife, as they don't provide them aboard.
Bring your lunch AND bring a cooler (or at least a bucket) for any fish you might wish to take lunch. Their website says you can leave your cooler in the car until the end of the trip, but there is no way to keep your fish fresh or alive if you do so.
Make sure you have cash for tips as well as for the pool to see who catches the largest fish. This pool is not mandatory, but it might be nice to have $5 to throw in the bucket for a chance to win the pot (split with the crew).

I might not be the best person to judge, because I have nothing to compare it to, but being a fishing novice, I would like to know what to expect. All in all, it was a nice day and we had a good time, but I wish they had told me how to plan better and make it an even more enjoyable experience.

4  Thank flyingsails