“Mother's Day...”
Review of Le Vieux Logis

Le Vieux Logis
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Vieux Logis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 381 Restaurants in Bethesda
Price range: US$25 - US$70
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Auburn Ave.
Transit: Bethesda Metro Station (Red)
Description: Welcome to Le Vieux Logis A long time Bethesda favorite, Le Vieux Logis offers a newly inspired French menu and wine list, perfect for intimate dinners, cozy nights out and quiet conversation with friends and colleagues. The kitchen showcases flavorful French recipes that change slightly with the season and the availability of locally sourced ingredients. Authentically French, the restaurant has the feel of a bistro with a French country flavor.
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Mother's Day dinner was very good. They featured a prix fixe menu. I thought the price was a little high for what was being offered, but special occasions always drive prices up.

Everything we ordered was very good and the pacing of the meal was perfect. I hate to be rushed and it was nice to enjoy a leisurely meal.

Service was very good and everyone we came in contact with was very nice.

This was our first visit since the new owners took over and I would like to go back and try some items off of the regular menu.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Le Vieux was recommended by my colleague who lives near by. We met there for dinner and I was really impressed. This is a small neighborhood place with painted murals on the outside and a warm interior. There was an extra menu of specials that all sounded amazing. The menu was full of great options and I'd like to go back to try more of the offerings. However, I can attest to the scallops, they are presented on a bed of risotto. The dish was truly amazing. Loved every bit of it. The wine list is not extensive but has some very good options at reasonable prices. Overall the restaurant is not cheap, but reasonable for the quality of the service and food. Our waiter had several recommendations and was able to answer all of our questions quickly and easily. This truly is a fantastic place and can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

I wanted a nice place for a family celebration of my wife's birthday. I could not be more pleased with our visit. The seating is comfortable and while close you are not on top of other diners. The service was prompt, friendly, and knowledgeable answering several inquiries about the menu. Most importantly the food was excellent. From the appetizer escargot to the crepes suzette dessert everything was superb. There is a nice wine list with something for every taste and pocketbook. We found on street parking and there is a large public garage close by. If you are looking for a classic French restaurant look no further.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

A larger menu and a fixed price option for three courses was too good to pass up. My salt-free diet need was easily accommodated and that enabled me many more choices than in most french restaurants. I chose a beefsteak with shallots and an artisinal salad plus a chocolate dessert all of which were delectable. It amazed us how quickly the food was delivered though the dining room was relatively full on a Friday evening. Will definitely return to sample other dishes. Parking was complimentary and that made the dining experience even more delightful!

1  Thank Lois C
Reviewed 11 April 2017

A bit of Paris in Bethesda. What a pleasant and sumptuous surprise. I will definitely make this a habit!!!!