“Takeout Tasted Old”

Taste of Orient
Ranked #22 of 32 Restaurants in Wiscasset
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We decided on takeout one night from our local Chinese place. We spent almost fifty on our dinner for four people. Compared to our normal spot portions are smaller and not really good. This place isn’t horrible, just poor compared to other Chinese in the area. Honestly everything we received just kind of tasted off, or old. This place has been in business for a long time but now I know why their parking lot is usually empty. I won’t be returning. Taste of orient should harness more of their Philippine portion of their menu and just become a new full on Filipino restaurant. If they stuck to their traditional dishes and made them fresh it would be a great addition to the assortment of establishments in the area.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Food is typical Oriental, deep fried meats can be over done/dry at times. Take out is a nice way to eat at home.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Very tasty with excellent portion sizes for the price. My boyfriend LOVED his hot and sour seafood soup. Giant chunks of scallops, shrimp, fish, etc. And his lobster fried rice also had generous servings of lobster!

Reviewed 27 October 2016

ordered takeout and the lady on the phone was rude she never thanked me for my order and just hung up. The food didn't agree with me..

Reviewed 19 September 2016

We had a delicious lunch here for not a lot of money. The vegetables (mushroom, peppers, onions, peas) in my cashew chicken were very fresh. The children's menu is generous for under $4.
In terms of the atmosphere, it could use fresh carpeting and other updating. But if we lived in the area, we would return for take out.