“Great Food, Large Portions...”

Varano's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 76 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Gathered here with a group of 12 to celebrate a 25th Anniversary for my wife and myself. They don't take reservations, but they do have an open area downstairs where they serve drinks and some snacks. We visited on a Saturday evening, around 5:30pm, waited about 45 minutes to seat our large party, but it's worth the wait. We've come here year after year since they've opened, never disappointed. We were served fresh baked bread with oil and Parmesan cheese, to die for. All 12 in the group enjoyed their meal as the food is always fresh and the portions are on the hearty side, which is always appreciated. Our server, Tracy, was great with such a large party, she was very attentive. I will always return here, it's a can't miss stop when you're in Wells.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Never disappointed , the food is always fresh and delicious. The staff always makes you feel right at home. Bring your appetite for the portions are large. It's our favorite place to go in Wells.
Wayne and Kris B

Reviewed 11 August 2016

My family and I have been going to Varano's for about 18 years. Over the years this place has gotten better and better and our most recent experience was no exception. All of their food is outstanding and authentic Italian. Minestrone soup is to die for and some of our favorites are the bolognese, chicken parmesan and baked ziti. You really can't go wrong with anything you order here!

Reviewed 7 August 2016

Busy place, doesn't take reservations but worth a wait. Fantastic food and good service, this is a favorite and a "must" on our trips to Ogunquit. A bit of a drive from Ogunquit, but do-able!

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

We were in the mood for Italian food tonight and very hungry after a day of sightseeing and a lot of walking. I'm so glad we chose this restaurant! I ordered the chicken parmesan with a small salad and my husband had linguine and meatballs with a small minestrone. Everything was delicious and very hot. The bread was warm, crusty, and chewy. But the size of the portion was HUGE! It was the largest piece of chicken you could imagine. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. Despite being very hungry when we arrived we left stuffed! I highly recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank Colleen D

Been to Varano's Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!