“Best Steak Ever!”
Review of The Steakhouse

The Steakhouse
Ranked #6 of 75 Restaurants in Wells
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2018

When I'm in Maine, I'm a die-hard seafood girl--gotta have lobster, clams, local fish, more lobster. But a couple of years ago we were recommended to visit The Steakhouse, where we had to wait a bit, but ended up with the best steaks we've ever consumed in a restaurant. The beef is worth the wait! This year I was treated to a filet mignon, which as always, was cooked to my level of perfection. Sometimes the staff gets a bit harried, leaving service to be inconsistent, but we've also had terrific service even at 8:30-9 at night. Worth the wait and the $$ for your favorite cut of meat!

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is my favorite. Food is excellent & the portions are copious. The service is friendly & attentive. Yes, you will wait for a while if you do not get there when it opens, but it is worth it. They haven’t changed their prices in several years; it is affordable and much better than Angelina’s all around. I once ordered a filet mignon medium rare but they cooked it medium well by mistake. The waitress apologized without me saying anything, let me keep the medium well filet mignon, & brought out my medium rare filet mignon with an extra side as well! Their key lime mojito is the best I’ve ever had. Do not pass up an opportunity to eat here.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I have been going here for years. I am never disappointed either. The steaks are always cooked to perfection. I am super picky about how my steak is cooked, but they get it here. I like my steak ultra rare (I know, gross to a lot of people). For those of you who like your steak like I do, tell the waitress that you want it cooked rare minus. A waitress from the steakhouse told me a few years ago and my steak has come out perfect everytime. My husband likes his more on the medium side (super gross to me), and his always comes out perfect. The sides are really good too. I love the cottage cheese with a half of a pear on top. Their baked beans are delish too. Be prepared to wait 45-over an hour during peak season!

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Our family had a meal at the Steakhouse as we do every summer holiday in Wells Beach and, once again, we were not disappointed. We were told it was an hour to wait and that’s exactly what it was. We enjoyed the irresistible bacon and cheese fries, which we always have as an appetizer. Two of us enjoyed the steak while one enjoyed salmon. The service was excellent. What we could not eat was willingly packed up for us to enjoy the next day.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

If you are looking for the best steaks in the Wells area look no further than the Steakhouse. They always have the best cuts of meat and they are cooked to perfection. The wait staff is always flying to keep up with the orders and are very knowledgeable.
Be prepared to wait 40 minutes plus on most days as they are extremely popular. They do have a large downstairs waiting area for just that reason.

Been to The Steakhouse? Share your experiences!