“Favorite Neighborhood Restaurant”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2018

I absolutely love Litchfield’s - it really is our home away from home. It is family owned and operated, has an awesome staff and delicious comfort food. I adore the top shelf margarita and Nicole makes it special with a splash of ancho chili liqueur. The sangrias are wonderfully refreshing and the rum punch is tasty too.

I highly recommend the Greek salad, Hungarian mushroom soup (my fave in the winter), the Rueben sandwich, Tod’s delicious baked beans, chicken cordon bleu, 8 cheese mac and cheese, grilled or raw oysters....

I believe that it is the best sports bar in Wells. Nothing beats watching the Pats, Bruins, Sox or Celts with friends (old friends and strangers that become your new friends) at Litchie’s bar. It is open year round, too, which is a huge bonus for locals.

The outside patio is fun in the summer and the bar is fun and welcoming in the winter. It is a great place at night for singles, a very good family restaurant, and a fun place to listen to reggae on the patio,

After reading some of the reviews, perhaps a few pointers would be helpful:

Litchfield’s is not a five-star, fine dining experience. It is not elegant. It is a family restaurant and sports bar. Hint: Pub and Grill

Litchfield’s is not McDonald’s or the Country Buffet. If you need to ask for a discount because you do not want banana peppers on your calamari, or two fewer French fries, then perhaps you should stay home until you can pony up the “outrageous” dollar or two hit that you are taking on the missing banana peppers.

If you are looking for good comfort food, served by nice, hardworking waitstaff in a warm, welcoming atmosphere, Litchfield’s fits the bill. To me and my family, Litchfield’s is the “Cheers” of Wells, ME.

3  Thank SouthieSoxFan

Reviewed 21 June 2018

This is our "go to" restaurant when we want amazing food and unmatched service. There is plenty of parking and the wait is never long. They have outside seating in the summer and corn hole for the kids. To date, we have never once had a bad meal here. Very consistent and we leave happy every time.

2  Thank Tropicaldestinations
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Pet friendly restaurant which has an outdoor patio for those with a dog. Extremely friendly staff. Good food. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Maggie D
Reviewed 9 June 2018

I was staying at Drake's Island at a lovely, vintage cottage (Oakdale) when the owner suggested that we go for some fried clams. Our other favorite spot had closed and so off we three went, just around the corner, really.

The Fried Clam Basket with either fries or coleslaw was on the Specials Board for $10.99 and it was great! The onion rings are also terrific. Light batter, with chunky onion slices made a great appetizer or to accompany the meal. The small size requested did the trick and fed the three of us amply. Prices on other items were mid range and varied. Nachos looked good and we sat indoors looking out on the patio.

Our waitress, Amber was friendly and attentive.

The reggae band was setting up in the patio area and if we hadn't had other plans on the Sunday afternoon we would have stayed and enjoyed the sun.

My title about appearances is about the exterior of the front of the building. Some clean up is needed and the visitors that are persnickety about that sort of thing may miss out on some great seafood and pub grub.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

My husband had baked halibut and baked potato; i had twin steamed lobsters and baked potato. We also ordered a side of clam strips. The clam srips had pepper in the batter, so ouldn’t eat them. The lobster was delicious! I ate the meat from one and brout the other to the motel for breakfast. I thoroughly enjoyed it. My husband also ejoyed is halibut. Ourserver pleasant. My one issue wiith the restaurant is the oise level.

Been to Litchfields Bar and Grill? Share your experiences!