“Pleasantly surprised ”

East Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 76 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

To start I only stopped here because we had a sick puppy and needed some white rice. I also ordered the steamed chicken and veggies as well. It took a couple minutes to order as the girl at the front desk was texting on her phone and did not see me, however once she took my order it only took about 10-15min to get my food.
The chicken was very clean, the majority of the dish was veggies but that is normal in any Chinese restaurant. I wouldve liked more chicken.

Overall I would go back and try a sit down meal next time to sample some other items.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

East has an extensive menu. The food is great and the service is excellent. The drinks are always wonderful! The buffet is varied and has something for everyone.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

My daughter and I decided to stop for dinner on our way back from vacation. The variety is really good. I ordered the pad thai which was very good and my daughter ordered beef teriyaki and some fried rice. The food was good but was no different then what we would get back home. Not sure if we would stop again when staying in Wells as was pricey when ordering from the menu.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

We chose the buffet for dinner, arriving at 6:00 PM. Impressive variety. On our first trip to the buffet table, however, we selected a variety of dishes and on returning to our table found that every one was room temperature. Lesson learned from experience. On our second trip to the buffet we pushed the serving spoons to the very bottom of the chafing dishes and came up with lukewarm to barely warm. The food itself was mediocre. The fog cutter tropical drink was good. Usually I find that if a place looks really good, it means that level of effort carries over to quality of food. Not in this case.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

This restaurant has seen bigger and better days, still I enjoyed both the food, service and ambiance. Big is not always better and that speaks to buffets too. Have been to bigger buffets and the quality always suffers. At East, each buffet selection was freshly and well made. Soup was excellent. Egg rolls rock. Sushi not bad. Everything I tried pretty good. If you get sick of lobster East Chinese Restaurant is the place to go.

Been to East Restaurant? Share your experiences!