Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
pls217

Pleasantly surprised!

Review of Samoset Resort
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 22, 2015
Due to the time of year, we did not think there would be sufficient things available to occupy our time as we are not winter sports enthusiasts. What we immediately found was a cheery and obliging concierge, eager to help us with any questions we had.

We have a new truck and were reluctant to use valet service, but it was really cold and a very busy Fire & Ice weekend with limited open parking spots, so we did avail ourselves of the young valets. We found them polite and very careful with the truck.

The food was amazing. My specially prepared omelette was perfect, the side choices were abundant, and I especially loved the variety of fresh fruit. We shopped and visited local sights.

Dinner was crowded, but we only waited 10 minutes for our reservation, not even enough time to maneuver through the crowd for a drink! I had lobster ravioli which did not disappoint. I'm happy I ordered a small portion as it was plentiful following a salad.

The atmosphere was definitely upbeat and the beautiful ice sculptures on the patio were spectacular; the ocean view from our room was breathtaking, especially Saturday morning when the temperatures were perfect to see sea smoke!

Our room was larger than expected and very clean, even the bathroom had no tell tale signs of age/mold! The bed and bedding were quite comfy, I forgot my pillow home but found their pillows to be perfect! Oh and Free WIFI...bonus!

The only less than perfect part was the cold air felt through the sliding door to our deck. The thermostat took care of the situation.

THE SPA is a must go to spot at the resort. Extremely clean, calming and appealing. The staff is quite professional and my massage was amazing! Got rid of my headache.

I would not hesitate to revisit this gem of a resort on the coast of Maine.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Connie R, General Manager at Samoset Resort, responded to this review
Responded Jan 26, 2015
Dear pls217,

Thank you for your review and for choosing to brave the cold to visit us during the Glacier Ice Bar weekend. I am so glad we were able to convert another trepidatious winter skeptic to knowing how truly wonderful our resort is during the winter months. Part of this wonderful experience is the food and we are glad you enjoyed so many different meals and selections in La Bella Vita. As you found out, a visit to The Spa at The Samoset is a great cure for winter blues or aches and pains from the cold. I will be sure to share your kind comments with our Spa & Recreation Director. We do hope you come back to visit with us soon.

₱12,297
    ₱29,566
7.8 km from Samoset Resort
View more hotels in Rockport
2,079 results
All reviews golf course la bella the general manager pebble beach tennis courts time share kids club hot tub timeshare units enoteca lounge gift shop outdoor pool light house ocean view rockland breakwater maine coast beautiful spot
Selected filters
Reviewed January 22, 2015

My family and I had the chance to experience a winter weekend at the Samoset Resort, which in fact was also the Ice Bar Weekend. From arrival to departure, the staff at the resort exceeded our expectations in professionalism and service. There is some much positive about this resort, from the well appointed rooms, breathtaking views of the ocean, the world class food at the restaurant. What made this weekend even more special was the ice carvings with lined the patio and the ice bar they created to give you that magical winter wonderland feeling. We took advantage of skating on the rink they built, and even the general manager of the hotel took time from his busy day to put on a pair of skates and clean the light coating of snow from the ice rink. In fact when we checked in on Friday night he was helping at the front desk to greet guests and answer any questions about the weekend's activities.

The food and service at the restaurant was "Five Stars" and I would highly recommend you sit at the pizza bar and watch the chef's create your pizza right in front of you. The menu selection was plentiful and I would recommend the following; Margarita Pizza, Lobster and Shrimp Scampi, Pasta and Meatballs (yes its better than any Italian restaurant in the North End of Boston), and any of the salads.

The pool and spa were both very relaxing and our family had a great time.

Samoset Resort is at the top of our list for weekend getaways. We stay at least 3 different times a year and never once been disappointed with the accommodations or service.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Connie R, General Manager at Samoset Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2015

Dear DjJaz,

Thank you so much for your kind review and supportive comments about our staff’s professionalism and customer service. I’m glad you were able to experience the magical winter wonderland of our Glacier Ice Bar during your visit as well as skating on our outdoor rink. Truth be told I am a lifetime hockey player so any chance I can get to be out on the ice, even if just to shovel the snow off in my dress shirt, is worth it. Thank you also for mentioning all the delicious food that can be enjoyed in both Enoteca lounge and La Bella Vita restaurant. You recommended some of my personal favorites. Thank you for your continued patronage and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2015

The Samoset is a top notch resort. I traveled here for the weekend with family and had one of the best hotel experiences EVER! We attended the annual Ice Bar they host and were able to enjoy food, drinks and a great social atmosphere at this wonderful resort. From check-in until the moment we left, every staff member we encountered was engaged and providing service with a smile; we felt like royalty at such an elegant facility.

We ate all of our meals at the La Bella Vita Restaurant and could not have been happier. We had a gorgeous room overlooking the ocean, which the view is surprisingly more beautiful in the winter time than expected (see photos attached). I have been here in the summer which truly gives that resort getaway feel, however you will not be disappointed when visiting this resort year round.

Thank you Samoset Staff for such a memorable experience! We will be back!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear CSHAW2868,

Thank you for your kind review saying you just had “one of the best hotel experiences EVER”. That is a very high compliment, even for us! We truly appreciate your enthusiasm and patronage. This year’s Glacier Ice Bar was the biggest one yet and it was obvious our many guests enjoyed the experience and the effort which went towards making such a fun event. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future.

Reviewed January 20, 2015

My husband, brother, sister-in-law and I just stayed at the Samoset Resort and had a great time! It was such a relaxing weekend. The food was delicious, service was great, rooms were spacious and clean and the staff was very friendly. The views were amazing! Despite being there during the winter, the views were still breathtaking. We loved all of the different sitting areas around the bar- you could sit by the fireplace, near the TVs or just in a quiet corner to talk. The hotel was hosting "The Glacier Ice Bar" while we were there, which was a really fun experience! Outside on the patio they made a complete bar out of ice... bar top, bar stools, tables, chairs, and sculptures. Heaters and fire pits were set up as well, so you could order one of the specialty drinks, hang outside and enjoy the scene. I would recommend staying here if you're in the area or looking for a relaxing weekend away. We're looking forward to going back during the summer and staying again!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Kara B,

Delicious food, great service, clean rooms, and friendly staff combined with beautiful ocean views all make for a perfect weekend. I’m so glad we were able to make your family weekend at the Samoset so enjoyable and relaxing. Our Glacier Ice Bar is a “must do” weekend each January so I’m pleased you were able to attend. We look forward to welcoming you back this summer.

Reviewed January 20, 2015

Spent Sunday night at the Samoset with my daughters, it was spectacular!!
We had so much fun in the pool and hot tub, a great meal in the restaruant, and the room was very clean, with very comfortable beds and linens..... not to mention it had the best view of the breakwater!!!
I hightly recommend the Samoset and will return again and again!!!

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Carol H,

What a fun getaway for you and your daughters to spend the night with us. It sounds like you had a wonderful time together while enjoying the heated indoor pool and hot tub and great meal in La Bella Vita. We can’t take credit for the view, but I agree the Rockland Breakwater on Penobscot Bay is spectacular.

Reviewed January 14, 2015

My family along with 10 or so other families decided to stay at the Samoset for New Year's Eve and it was such a great time. The resort was so accommodating to our big group and placed all of our rooms in the same wing.

The kids had such a great time in the pool area and at the skating rink. The rate $109 included breakfast which was delicious! The dinner that we had was also great!

It was also so nice that we were able to check in early and check out late.

The staff at the samoset is so welcoming, accommodating and relaxed! Such a wonderful place for families to enjoy themselves. Thanks so much and we will be back this weekend for the Ice Bar and can't wait!!!

Date of stay: December 2014

Dear Pacdee53,

What a great group of friends you gathered together for New Year’s Eve. We are so pleased you choose to spend the evening with us and were happy to accommodate all of you with rooms in the same wing. It sounds as if you took advantage of everything we have to do from swimming in the heated indoor pool to ice skating and a hearty breakfast. Thank you also for mentioning our hard working, welcoming, and accommodating staff. We hope you enjoyed your time with us at the ice bar this year, too.