“Good, but not great....”
Review of The Pearl

The Pearl
Ranked #35 of 90 Restaurants in Rockland
Price range: US$11 - US$40
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Seafood and Steak Bar, with Raw Bar, at the end of a pier, in the middle of the beautiful Penobscot Bay Harbor.
Reviewed 1 October 2017

The Pearl has a nice location near downtown Rockland on the Harbor. Let me preface this by stating there were 50 early bird diners finishing up upon our arrival. The waitstaff appeared to overwhelmed and unattentive to new diners. Service was spotty at best.

We vascillated about leaving after our appetizers, but decided to stay and have dinner. (Our party was four adults and a child.) We ordered our entree's - two of which were baked stuff lobsters and a third person ordered the regular lobster dinner. When we received our food (with dirty dishes still sitting on the table), our patience was was beginning to wear thin. We repeatedly had to ask for this or that which should have been brought with the entrees. Our waitress clearly was more interested with chatting with a bar employee instead of tending to her paying customers.

The clencher was when all of our lobsters were simply luke warm. (I don't know why since the big kitchen rush had passed with the early diners.) After all that, my son had a private talk with the manager who was very apologetic. The manager is a very nice man who clearly understood the problem.

It's unfortunate for us, as this was supposed to be a birthday dinner for two adults.

Needless to say, we left and went to Samoset Resort for a nice meal with impeccable service.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

This charmingly rustic restaurant is ideally located on the shore in Rockland, Our server was a true star. Our food was good but not great. Prices were reasonable. I probably won't rush back to this restaurant.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Here for a wedding, the bride and groom choose to begin their weekend celebrations at The Pearl. We defiantly started the weekend on the right high note. The service was amazing and our food came out in a timely fashion.

First, there was artichoke dip, mini crab cakes, and nachos as appetizers that all went over very well. With such an array of food to choose from I am very happy I ordered the Haddock wrap. Writing about it now is making me wish I was closer to Maine to I can experience it again.

The Pearl is located at the end of a pier overlooking a marina and water. We got to enjoy a great meal with great people overlooking a nice view as the sun set.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

The Pearl has exceptional harbor views. The food is average and not inexpensive. It might be nice for date night.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

I like the scenery around the restaurant. I can see the boat and seagulls during my dinner. Foo is ok for me.