“Perfect coffee”

Tandem Coffee and Bakery
Ranked #3 of 49 Coffee & Tea in Portland
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Perfect coffee, great setting, delicious biscuits or quiche or breakfast sandwich! Love this place. Wonderful staff, very warm and friendly - not precious nor pretentious. My morning caffeine Jones was wonderfully sated!

Reviewed 10 March 2017

I love all of there pastries and drinks but a few things that would keep me from returning....
1. When it is gone it is gone! When I visited it was about 10 am and they were out of my first and second choice (one was a breakfast sandwich and the second a plain biscuit with butter and jelly the woman in front of me got)
2. NO WIFI! I get they don't want people sitting there on their laptop all day but I actually went there to do something quick on my laptop. When I asked the girl at the counter for the wifi and she said they didn't have it I got my order and left!
3. One size for all drinks. I work a lot and basically function only with caffeine and when they told me there was only one size (which is pretty small) I was a little disappointed.

Even after all the complaining I do have to say the tea and pistachio cake I got were amazing!!

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Stopped by for breakfast with family--deliciously fresh baked scones, muffins, pies and much more! Everyone enjoyed their selection and we agreed to return the next day for a repeat meal. Was not disappointed--went earlier and the selection was even greater! This will be our new breakfast spot when we are in Portland!!

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Great chic atmosphere and fresh baked goods, worst latte I've ever had the almond milk was sour and the espresso was very weak

3  Thank Allison L
Reviewed 9 December 2016

This is a great low-key place to meet folks and enjoy watching the world go by on Congress. Recommended - the biscuit breakfast sandwiches that they keep hidden in their warmer. Pie was also just like my grandmothers'.