“Great place for dinner ”
Review of Walter's

Walter's
Ranked #17 of 627 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$21 - US$34
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Specializing in New World American cuisine using local ingredients, local beers, large wine list and creative cocktails
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Out of three nights we went there twice. The food is great so is service. We saw a number of locals there having dinner after work.

The restaurant is large so it was a plenty of privacy at the table.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Tasty creative appetizers and entrees. More of a tapa joint or bistro then a fine dining full restaurant. Don’t go very hungry. Prices are reasonable so share an extra appetizer or entree. More Mediterranean then Latin. Small cocktails. Fast friendly professional service.

1  Thank Christopher L
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Waitress described the $28 lobster mac as ginormous. Maybe for her 100 lbs. but not for my 300! It tasted great though and did contain some big hunks of real lobster. The main entree was 3 scallops and two scoops of other stuff. The creme brulee was a normal portion size.

2  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We've been to Walter's before and enjoyed it. Checked Maine Restaurant Week and we liked this menu the best and for $35-can't beat it! Cocktail menu is decent and the wine list was huge. Ordered the poutine because we didn't know how big the starters were on the MRW menu. Much to our delight they were good portions. Poutine as good. The Asian ravioli was amazing. My wife had the Japanese ceasar salad and enjoyed it. For an entrée-I had the panko crusted chicken and she had the cod. She said that was one of the best meals we've ever had and we've eaten in a lot of places. Both desserts were good. Coffee cream puff and the chocolate brulee. The waitresses we had was very attentive and friendly. Filled up my water glass about 3 times. She was paying attention. Highly recommended going to Walter's. We'll be back.

2  Thank Kirk J
Reviewed 20 February 2018

the décor is fabulous. the design team really made a charming restaurant. the staff were great and the timing was too. the rub I had was while the food was cooked well, I thought it was overly salty. the avocado and pinky toe crab toast was salty, the fried rice under my perfectly cooked tornados was extremely salty. My wife upon leaving said the same thing about the salt levels.

2  Thank nycnyc12